- 01/04/2013 - Mesure de la pauvreté des inégalités et de la polarisation en Tunisie 2000-2010
- 27/02/2013 - Sierra Leone Strengthens Its Commitment to Inclusive Green Growth with Support from the AfDB
- 19/02/2013 - AfDB Supports Integrated Agricultural Development in Tunisia with a €22-million Loan
- 19/02/2013 - La BAD appuie le secteur de l’eau en milieu rural en Mauritanie pour contribuer à la réduction de la pauvreté
- 20/12/2012 - AfDB President Donald Kaberuka Calls on African Economies to Tap into Global Trade and Capital Markets to Fight Poverty
An important element of the policy is that it elaborates on the poverty dimensions of the major themes articulated in the Vision, the Strategic Plan and the other Bank policy papers. It also takes into account lessons learnt in national poverty reduction efforts and the experience with international aid for social and economic development.
The main objective of the policy is to provide a framework for action by putting poverty reduction at the center of Bank support for its RMCs. This is especially the case with their efforts to prepare, implement, and evaluate their PRSPs as well as the achievement of MDGs.
Operationally, the policy underscores the importance of linking country programs with the PRSP process. As a result, new CSPs draw on the poverty diagnostics, sectoral priorities, cost estimates and outcome indicators specified in the PRSPs. Moreover, the preparation and implementation of CSPs entails greater reliance on national institutions, lending instruments such as Sector Wide Approaches (SWAPs) and as much as possible budgetary support.
The policy also ensures consistency of project cycle activities with the participation dimensions of PRSPs. This aspect is being implemented through the promotion of greater participation of CSOs in project identification, design, implementation and evaluation as well as support for PRSP-related poverty.