- 14/04/2016 - Strategy review workshop lauds AfDB for development efforts, challenges it to do more
- 07/04/2016 - AfDB Board approves 2016-2020 Country Strategy Paper for Ethiopia
- 07/04/2016 - Addressing informality in Egypt
- 01/04/2016 - AfDB Group announces US $549-million drought response package for Eastern and Southern Africa
- 27/01/2016 - Land desalinated in Senegal for food self-sufficiency: Tackling the sea
An important element of the policy is that it elaborates on the poverty dimensions of the major themes articulated in the Vision, the Strategic Plan and the other Bank policy papers. It also takes into account lessons learnt in national poverty reduction efforts and the experience with international aid for social and economic development.
The main objective of the policy is to provide a framework for action by putting poverty reduction at the center of Bank support for its RMCs. This is especially the case with their efforts to prepare, implement, and evaluate their PRSPs as well as the achievement of MDGs.
Operationally, the policy underscores the importance of linking country programs with the PRSP process. As a result, new CSPs draw on the poverty diagnostics, sectoral priorities, cost estimates and outcome indicators specified in the PRSPs. Moreover, the preparation and implementation of CSPs entails greater reliance on national institutions, lending instruments such as Sector Wide Approaches (SWAPs) and as much as possible budgetary support.
The policy also ensures consistency of project cycle activities with the participation dimensions of PRSPs. This aspect is being implemented through the promotion of greater participation of CSOs in project identification, design, implementation and evaluation as well as support for PRSP-related poverty.