Vice-président Infrastructure, secteur privé et intégration régionale
Mr. Asamoah is an investment professional with over 25 years of experience originating and executing transactions in both developed and developing markets. He is the Vice-President for Infrastructure, Private Sector and Regional Integration at the African Development Bank (AfDB), with responsibilities including the Bank’s Private Sector Operations; Financial Institutions/Markets & Equity, including Private Equity Funds; NEPAD and Regional Projects; as well as the implementation of sustainable Infrastructure programs throughout Africa.
He was previously the Deputy CEO and Chief Investment Officer of the Africa Finance Corporation (AFC), an International Organization established and headquartered in Lagos, Nigeria, and initially capitalized in 2007 at over US $1 billion.
Immediately prior to this Mr. Asamoah was the Vice-President for Private Sector and International Investments at the Development Bank of Southern Africa (DBSA), based in Johannesburg. Mr. Asamoah was formerly the Special Assistant to the Executive Vice-President of the International Finance Corporation (IFC) and Managing Director of the World Bank based in Washington, DC, and later became a Principal Investment Officer at the IFC in Johannesburg, leading IFC’s activities across Africa in the ICT sector.
Prior to this, Mr. Asamoah was an investment banker in the City of London with HSBC Markets.
He has a Master’s Degree in Chemical Engineering from Imperial College in London.
- 25/10/2016 - Africa can benefit from Korea’s agricultural transformation experience, conference hears
- 25/10/2016 - ADEA-FAWE/Enseignement : mettre l’accent sur l'accès, la rétention et la performance des filles pour l’atteinte des ODD 4 et 5
- 25/10/2016 - AfDB delegation hold talks with officials from Zambia and DR Congo to identify and address cross-border trade challenges
- 25/10/2016 - Opening remarks delivered by President Akinwumi Adesina at 5th Korea-Africa Forum for Economic Cooperation, Seoul, Korea, October 24, 2016
- 25/10/2016 - The 5th KOAFEC Ministerial Conference opens with calls for continued support for Africa