Agriculture and Agro-Industries Department (OSAN)
The Agriculture and Agro-Industries Department (OSAN) comprises four divisions: OSAN 1, 2, and 3 oversee agricultural projects in Eastern and Southern Africa, West Africa, and Central Africa respectively; OSAN 4 is responsible for natural resource management and for environmental issues.
The department works to increase agricultural production so as to reduce poverty and promote economic growth on the continent, and protect and manage natural resources. The approach is described in the Agricultural Sector Strategy 2010-2014. OSAN projects support rural infrastructure to move agricultural produce from farms to markets; promote the use of irrigation and fertilizers to increase productivity, and promote the sustainable management of natural resources land, water (for irrigation), forests, fish.
OSAN supports the efforts of member country to manage their natural resources as well as those shared by several countries, such as Lake Chad and the Congo Basin Forest. Land and water management projects address issues of land tenure and security, water availability and access.
- 23/09/2016 - Le président Akinwumi Adesina de la BAD en visite au Nigeria pour renforcer le partenariat de la Banque avec les principales parties prenantes
- 23/09/2016 - Le président Adesina de la BAD appelle à des mesures audacieuses pour éclairer l’Afrique et lui fournir de l’énergie
- 21/09/2016 - Partnership to support scaling up of nutrition in Cote d’Ivoire
- 21/09/2016 - La BAD rencontre les parties prenantes pour plus d’inclusion dans la gestion des corridors en Afrique de l’Ouest
- 20/09/2016 - African Development Bank reiterates commitment to support women’s empowerment in the Sahel