Objectif 3 : Promouvoir l'égalité de genre et l'autonomisation des femmes
Nearly half the countries in Africa have achieved gender parity in primary school
Women across Africa are becoming more empowered, with more girls attending both primary and secondary school and more women in positions of political power. Nearly half the countries in Africa have achieved gender parity in primary school, and while parity at the secondary and tertiary levels has improved, limited data makes measuring progress difficult. At nearly 20 per cent in 2012, the proportion of seats held by women in national parliaments in Africa is surpassed only in Latin America and the Caribbean. While Africa is making great strides towards Goal 3, early marriage, household power dynamics and low economic opportunities for women, are slowing progress. These challenges must be addressed for Africa to reach all the targets and indicators by 2015.
- 12/06/2013 - Opening Session of the Second ADF 13 Replenishment Meeting - Opening remarks - AfDB President Donald Kaberuka
- 11/06/2013 - OMD : L’Afrique fait des progrès considérables, mais de nombreux défis subsistent, selon un nouveau rapport
- 30/05/2013 - Africa’s Hour - Seizing the Moment - AfDB President Donald Kaberuka
- 21/04/2013 - Les IFI partageront l’information sur les résultats du développement et poseront ensemble les bases de l’agenda du développement pour l’après 2015
- 14/03/2013 - L’Afrique se saisit de l’agenda post-OMD