Over its 50-year history, the African Development Bank has financed over 450 transport projects, changing the lives of close to 450 million people across Africa. Roads, port, airport, and railway projects are all included on a map published as part of the fiftieth anniversary of the first project financed by the Bank, a road project in Kenya, in 1967. In total, the Bank has loaned and granted more than 30 billion US dollars to improve transport systems in Africa.
- 19/08/2017 - Speech delivered by Akinwumi A. Adesina, President of the African Development Bank Group, at the 37th Summit of the Heads of State and Governments of the Southern Africa Development Community, August 19-20, 2017, Pretoria, South Africa
- 18/08/2017 - ALSF weighs in on Uganda’s oil refinery project
- 18/08/2017 - AfDB signs Host Country Agreement with South Africa establishing Southern Africa Regional Development and Business Delivery Office
- 08/01/1970 - 20/08/2017 - AfDB President Akinwumi Adesina to attend 37th SADC Summit in South Africa
- 04/09/2017 - 08/09/2017 - Africa Green Revolution Forum 2017 to highlight place of agriculture in diversification of African economies
- 12/09/2017 - 15/09/2017 - AMCOMET-Africa Hydromet Forum 2017
- 04/12/2017 - 06/12/2017 - African Economic Conference 2017 to focus on Governance for Structural Transformation - Calls for papers