Monday, October 16, is World Food Day. To mark the occasion, Akinwumi Adesina, President of the African Development Bank, will deliver the Norman Borlaug Lecture, which opens World Food Prize Week in Des Moines, Iowa. Adesina, the 2017 World Food Prize Laureate and champion of African agriculture, will deliver a speech titled “Betting on Africa to Feed the World.”
- 17/10/2017 - Africa holds the key for feeding 9 billion people by 2050, Adesina says during Norman Borlaug Lecture
- 17/10/2017 - Betting on Africa to Feed the World: Lecture Delivered by Dr. Akinwumi A. Adesina, PhD, President, African Development Bank, World Food Prize Laureate 2017, At Norman Borlaug Lecture at Iowa State University, Des Moines Iowa, USA, October 17, 2017
- 16/10/2017 - Policy reforms urgently required for increased private investment in agriculture and agribusiness in Africa, says Blanke
- 16/10/2017 - 21/10/2017 - AfDB President, 2017 World Food Prize Laureate, participates in Borlaug Dialogue International Symposium
- 30/10/2017 - 31/10/2017 - Event Financing Private Sector Development- What works, what does not and why?
- 21/11/2017 - 22/11/2017 - Invitation to the High level Ministerial Dialogue and Flagship Launch of Post-Harvest Losses and Agro-Processing (PHAP)
- 04/12/2017 - 06/12/2017 - African Economic Conference 2017 to focus on Governance for Structural Transformation