You are here
Careers at the AfDB
The African Development Bank (AfDB) is moving to an online application process. The online application process will enable you to:
- Search current vacancies
- Create or update your candidate profile
- Apply for a vacancy
- Monitor Ongoing Status Updates on Applications
- Attach a resume or other file(s) to an application
- Send a job listing to a colleague
- Contact us
It will take a maximum of 20 minutes to go through the application process online. All information required for your online application form is listed and explained below. To expedite the process, kindly read through the requirements below before proceeding. Mandatory fields in the application form are marked with (*):
To apply for a position in the AfDB
- You must be a national of a member country: member countries
- Submit application for a vacancy as soon as the position is advertised, but no later than 11.59 pm (23.59 hrs) on the vacancy closing date. Vacancy closing dates are based on GMT.
Please have the following information handy before you begin to fill out the online form as you are not able to save your application as a draft and return to it at a later stage
- Dependants (spouse and natural or legally adopted children)
- Spouse – name and date of birth
- Children’s names, relationship and date of birth
- Educational Background:
- Name, type and address of up to two schools / universities attended
- Degrees obtained
- Dates of attendance (from – to, month/year)
- Major area of concentration (for each degree)
- Employment History: Current and Prior Employment –
- Name(s) of current and/or prior employer(s)
- Employment dates (from – to, month/year) and earnings.
- Names, occupation, relationship, addresses and email addresses
CV & Cover Letter
If you choose to upload your CV as a file, please note the following instructions:
Do not protect it with any kind of password.
You can only attach one single file; the maximum file size is 4mb.
Your CV can be uploaded only in any of the following formats: DOC, DOCX, RTF, PDF, TXT, and HTML.
You can use the text area for a cover letter and any supplementary information you would like to provide about your career goals, availability, best times to contact you, etc, not exceeding 4,000 characters
Upon completion of the form, press the submit button. The system will automatically check for any missing mandatory data and take you to the respective field for you to provide the information. After you have provided the missing information, you can go back directly to the “Submit Application” screen by using the circled numbers on top of the screen.
Due to the large volume of applications received for vacancies each year, the African Development Bank only accepts applications for advertised positions. Spontaneous applications will not be considered.
If you have previously applied for a position at the African Development Bank, data from your previous application will appear in the application form. You will have the opportunity to review and update this information as necessary.
Your email address will be used as your login name allowing you to return to our website to update your profile
In the event that you encounter difficulties in submitting your online application, it may be related to poor internet connection, file size of attachments, firewalls etc. In most cases, applying again later will resolve the problem.
If the problem however persists, kindly contact us at email@example.com and we will support you in submitting your application. Please specify the vacancy reference for which you are applying to and provide a detailed description (or a "screen shot") of any error message you experienced. Do not send your application or CV to this email address as it will not be considered.
Thank you for your interest in joining the African Development Bank