- Position title: Case Management, Business Continuity, Audit and Staff Relations Assistant
- Grade: GS8
- Position N°: 50076454
- Reference: ADB/17/213
- Publication date: 18/05/2017
- Closing date: 08/06/2017
- Country: Côte d’Ivoire
Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas (High 5s), all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up, namely; energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa.
The Vice-Presidency, Human Resources and Corporate Services ensures the delivery of efficient, people-centered, client-oriented, corporate services to ensure overall institutional effectiveness in all aspects of the Bank’s corporate services. The complex leads efforts to ensure the competitiveness of the Bank as the employer of choice and is responsible for providing leadership in the formulation and implementation of Bank’s strategies on people, information technology, general services and institutional procurements, language services, business continuity and, health and safety strategies.
THE HIRING DEPARTMENT/DIVISION:
The role of the Human Resources Management department is to develop and execute a People Strategy, Policies, processes and practices which will enable the Bank to achieve its strategic Agenda. Core to the Human Resources Strategy will be the attraction, development, engagement, motivation and retention of a best-in-class workforce.
In order to create a truly transformed human resources work-way, the Human Resources Management department is structured around a triangular Model: Business Partnerships for strategy, client contracting and human resources delivery; Centers of Expertise/Subject Matter Experts for internal consulting, thought leadership, design, talent and staff development and training and best practice benchmarking; Human Resources Shared Services for transactional excellence and employees outreach. This new Human Resources Model will deliver a world-class employee life-cycle experience.
The Staff Training and Development Division embeds a strategic approach to human resource development and management that results in more effective talent and performance management including strategic sourcing and career development and mobility, leadership development, compensation and reward, policy and compliance.
Reporting to the Policy and Compliance Officer, the Case Management, Business Continuity (BCP), Audit and Staff Relations Assistant will be responsible for supporting in activities related to:
1. Case Management: including liaison with staff and other relevant stakeholders for grievances, appeals and other employee relations issues.
2. Business Continuity: acting as the focal point for BCP matters including implementation and monitoring of BCP guidelines and requirements.
3. Audit: coordinate meetings and all follow up activities relating to audits.
4. Staff relations: provide procedural, consultative and mediation support for staff queries and grievances; including advising on staff rules and regulations.
Under the overall supervision of the Policy and Compliance Officer, the incumbent will undertake the following:
1. Assist in developing and executing proactive employee relations initiatives that set up, reinforce and maintain optimal relationships between staff, its management and the Bank.
2. Provide administrative support and coordinate specific disciplinary and grievance cases, in conjunction with the direct supervisor, Legal and, as appropriate, other functions and bodies such as the Ombudsperson, the Appeal Committee, the Ethics office and the Staff Council.
3. Where required, counsel staff members on employment issues, ensuring liaison with their line management and Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP); and taking the necessary confidentiality measures.
4. Support activities and initiatives related to staff surveys and exit interviews, including assistance to the coordination and implementation of all interventions and action plans related to outcomes from these processes at Bank and units’ levels in order to continuously enhance the work climate of the Bank.
5. Assist in carrying out investigations, grievance handling and disciplinary proceedings in line with the Bank’s rules.
6. Collaborate with units which provide support, advice and assistance in resolving conflicts, grievances and ethical issues including the Staff Council, Ombudsman, Ethics Office and Staff Appeal Committee.
7. Participate in training on staff rules and employee relations functions including work ethics, critical incident and stress management.
8. Provide input in the design of and implementation of motivational and employee reward programs.
9. Support handling of workplace harassment investigations and case management.
10. Provide input in and implement programs to create a workplace and culture that uphold the values of the organization.
11. Assist in the organization and coordination of audits including follow through on closure of audit gaps by process owners.
12. Act as the focal point for business continuity processes; monitoring department adherence to standards and guidelines; and implementing required actions.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
1. Hold at least a Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or other related disciplines. Organizational/ Work psychology training and Workplace assessment techniques are advantageous.
2. Have a minimum of Six (6) years of relevant practical working experience in progressive positions, preferably in an international organization.
3. Experience in conflict resolution, mediation or employee relations.
4. Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment as a team player with excellent interpersonal and negotiation kills.
5. Ability to be discrete and maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
6. Excellent communication skills and ability to interact effectively with staff members at all level.
7. Effective advisory skills with analytical and problem solving skills.
8. Client Orientation.
9. Team working and relations.
10. Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in French or English, preferably with a good working knowledge of the other language.
11. Competence in the use of standard MS Office Suite applications. Web graphics, online survey tools.
INFORMATION ON THE POSITION:
THE AFRICAN DEVELOPMENT BANK GROUP HAS RETAINED DEVEX TO ASSIST WITH THIS APPOINTMENT. TO APPLY, PLEASE CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING LINK:
THIS POSITION DOES NOT ATTRACT INTERNATIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS (THE POST HOLDER WILL BE CONSIDERED AS A LOCAL STAFF AND WILL NOT HAVE INTERNATIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT).
Should you encounter technical difficulties in submitting your application, please send an email with a precise description of the issue and/or a screenshot showing the problem to: HR Direct HRDirect@AFDB.ORG
Applicants who fully meet the Bank's requirements and are considered for interview will be contacted. Only online applications submitted with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of the required degrees will be considered. The President, AfDB, reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. www.afdb.org
The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) does not ask for payments of any kind from applicants throughout the recruitment process (job application, CV review, interview meeting, and final processing of applications). In addition, the Bank does not request information on applicants’ bank accounts. The African Development Bank Group declines all responsibility for the fraudulent publications of job offers in its name or, in general, for the fraudulent use of its name in any way whatsoever.