WARNING AGAINST FRAUDULENT USE OF THE AFRICAN DEVELOPMENT BANK’S (AfDB) NAME Read more
Established in 1964, the African Development Bank (AfDB) is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas (High 5), all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up, namely; energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa.
The Vice Presidency for ‘Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery ‘responsible for operational relevancy, efficiency and effectiveness of the Bank Group’s operational programs, and activities. The Vice Presidency Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery will ensure that the Bank operates successfully across its Regional Members Countries and will oversee the full implementation of all aspects of the Bank’s Regional Directorates
THE HIRING DEPARTMENT/DIVISION:
Within the Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery Complex, the Bank has five (5) Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery Directorates, one in each region of Africa: North, South, East, West, and Central. Each Regional Directorate is headed by a Director General and is staffed with the relevant sectoral functions and administrative capabilities for rapid delivery of services to client countries. The Regional Directorates provide overall strategic direction to country offices within the regions and are responsible for the Bank’s operations, business development, project management and overall effective delivery of the Bank’s High 5s :‘Light Up and Power Africa’, ‘Feed Africa,’ ‘Industrialize Africa,’ ‘Integrate Africa,’ and ‘Improve the Quality of Life for the People of Africa.’
The Water Development and Sanitation Department within the complex for Agriculture, Human & Social Development, is responsible for the coordination of the Bank’s Water Development and Sanitation-related activities to enhance synergies and to contribute to achievement of high 5s (Feed Africa, Industrialize Africa, water-related Power and Light Africa, Integrate Africa, Improve the Quality of Life). The Department leads the Bank support to Africa’s economic transformation through the identification and promotion of sustainable and integrated solutions across the water value chain and for sanitation. The Department also supports regional hubs in the development and promotion of new knowledge, approaches and tools for green and inclusive water resources development and management and for improved sanitation. In doing so, the department leads the scaling up of the Bank’s contribution to Africa’s efforts to attain water security and sanitation for sustainable socio-economic transformation.
The Chief Financial Analyst will take an active part in the development of projects and programs primarily in the water and sanitation sector that will be considered for financing by the Bank Group.
The incumbent also take part in other key activities, such as contribution to Country Strategy Papers and building the pipeline of projects.
Under the guidance of the Division Manager RDGW.2, and working in close collaboration with Task Managers and Project Coordinators The Chief Financial Analyst is responsible for execution of the following activities with the associated deliveries:
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
1. At least a Master’s degree equivalent in Finance/ Banking, Economics, Business Administration, Accounting or related fields.
2. A minimum of seven (7) years of relevant experience, with particular expertise in designing and supporting projects implementation in international financial Institutions.
3. Experience in supporting private sector operations would be an added advantage.
4. Proven ability to implement country or sector level Water Development and Sanitation analytical and capacity building initiatives;
5. An understanding of cross-cutting issues beyond Water Development and Sanitation (e.g. procurement, governance, donors’ practices) at sector/country level;
6. Good knowledge of strategy to deliver transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty;
7. Good knowledge of key aid effectiveness issues especially harmonization of donors’ practices and alignment to borrowers systems.
8. Strong client relations and partnership, including with the relevant stakeholders (regional and international level) on operational matters and policy dialogue on agriculture financing;
9. Proven leadership and good interpersonal skills.
10. Ability to lead project.
11. Ability to share experiences and support the division in its activities especially in financial and economic aspects.
12. Ability to communicate and write effectively in French or English, with a good working knowledge of the other language.
13. Competence in the use of standard Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint); knowledge of SAP is desirable.
THIS POSITION IS CLASSIFIED INTERNATIONAL STATUS AND ATTRACTS INTERNATIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT.
Should you encounter technical difficulties in submitting your
application, please send an email with a precise description of the
issue and/or a screenshot showing the problem, to: HR Direct
To apply for this position, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries.
Applicants who fully meet the Bank's requirements and are considered for interview will be contacted. Only online applications submitted with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of the required degrees will be considered. The President, AfDB, reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. www.afdb.org
The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) does not ask for payments of any kind from applicants throughout the recruitment process (job application, CV review, interview meeting, and final processing of applications). In addition, the Bank does not request information on applicants’ bank accounts. The African Development Bank Group declines all responsibility for the fraudulent publications of job offers in its name or, in general, for the fraudulent use of its name in any way whatsoever.