- Position title: Chief information technology auditor
- Grade: PL3
- Position N°: 50093579
- Reference: ADB/17/163
- Publication date: 17/05/2017
- Closing date: 08/06/2017
- Country: Côte d’Ivoire
Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas (High 5s), all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up, namely; energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa.
The President, plans, supervises and manages the business of the Bank Group. Under the direction of the Boards of Directors, the President conducts the business of the Bank and the African Development Fund and manages operations and activities in accordance with the Agreements establishing the African Development Bank and the African Development Fund. The President supervises several Departments and Units including Office of the President; Independent Development Evaluation Department; Integrity and Anti-Corruption Department; Compliance Review and Mediation Unit; Secretariat to the Sanctions Appeals Board; Administrative Tribunal; Office of the Auditor General; Group Risk Management Directorate; General Counsel and Legal Services Department; Communication and External Relations Department; Staff Integrity and Ethics Office and Office of the Secretary General & General Secretariat.
THE HIRING DEPARTMENT:
The Office of the Auditor General provides independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve the Bank’s operations. It also assists the Bank to accomplish its strategic objectives by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes. The Office of the Auditor General is responsible for planning, organizing, directing and controlling a broad, comprehensive program of auditing and consulting/advisory services both internally and externally including, without limitation, all projects and programs of the Bank group.
The overall objective of this position is to provide independent and objective assurance and consulting and advisory services in compliance with established professional internal auditing standards with strong focus on IT activities of the Bank. The Chief Information Technology Auditor leads an audit team of auditors and audit assistants in performing complex audits and advisory/consulting services with strong focus on Information Technology.
Under the supervision and guidance of the Division Manager, the Chief Information Technology Auditor will:
- Lead Audit Team / Plan to conduct audits of highly diversified Bank-wide activities or operations relating to the financial, administrative and operational functions with strong focus on Information Technology activities of the Bank
- Plan audits and determine audit objectives, scope, criteria, methodology to be used as well as staff and budget resources required to ensure that the audit adequately covers the selected area of the Bank's operations, activities, systems and controls with strong focus on Information Technology.
- Decide on the applicable audit approach and techniques that will facilitate the conduct of the audit and preparing the Terms of Reference for the Manager/Auditor General's approval.
- Prepare Audit Programme or modify existing ones (if any), to ensure systematic approach to the audit and ensure that the scope of the audit is fully covered.
- Conduct the field work by collecting data, documents and information, testing and analyzing such information, identifying weaknesses, causes and effects of variances, errors, non-compliance with rules, regulations, policies, procedures, etc.
- Supervise and reviews the work performed by other Auditors and Consultants to ensure that audit objectives are achieved, working papers adequately support the findings, conclusions and recommendations and the report is accurate, objective, clear, concise, constructive and timely.
- Lead Audit Missions to Member Countries' organizations, Project Executing Agencies and Sites to conduct audit and advice on compliance with Bank Rules, Regulations, Policies and Procedures to improve project implementation.
- Select and present, and discuss audit findings of particularly great impact or recommendations for major changes in procedures, work flow or organization, with concerned Managers and Directors to obtain their agreement.
- Monitor and assess adequacy of action taken by auditee departments to correct reported deficient conditions, conferring with Managers and Directors to ensure appropriate corrective measures are taken.
- Prepare the Preliminary Audit Report containing observations, conclusions and recommendations to tighten controls, safeguard the assets or image of the Bank, improve working procedures and ensure that resources are efficiently utilized, under the supervision of the Manager for transmission to the Auditor General.
- Prepare the Final Internal Audit Report after incorporating the comments of the auditee Departments under the supervision of the Manager for transmission to the Auditor General.
- Propose and prepare broad audit guidelines, manual, procedures and standards for internal audit activities to ensures consistency of audit approach, independence, objectivity, professional proficiency and due care.
- Review Bank Group's new Rules, Regulations, Policies and Procedures, as well as, proposed changes to existing ones to ensure that adequate controls are incorporated therein.
- Give advice to other Departments and Committees on matters relating to internal control, audit of project accounts, procedures, financial, management, operational issues to facilitate their decision making processes.
- Train, direct and counsel less experienced Internal Auditors in the performance of audit assignments to ensure compliance with audit procedures, proficiency and time schedules.
- Coordinate the External Quality Assurance Reviews usually conducted by External Auditors or Institute of External Auditors or Internal Audit Department of a Multilateral Development Bank, to facilitate their work by collecting all the data, documents, information requested in all Departments, sending survey questionnaires to all Directors, arranging and attending their meetings with Directors and Top Management, reading and commenting on their draft Reports.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- A minimum of a Master’s degree or its equivalent in Audit, Finance, Accounting, Business Administration.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of auditing experience in an internationally recognized professional accounting firm or an international Financial Institution including 3 years in leading teams of auditor.
- Sound knowledge and auditing experience of treasury Information Technology products and information systems such as SAP Net Weaver system, Enterprise Risk Management, Integrated Audit Approach.
- A professional certification, such as, CISA, CIA, CISSP, or CISM and experience with computer-assisted audit tools is a plus
- Ability to deal with sensitive issues in a multi-cultural environment and to build effective working relations with colleagues
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while ensuring quality and exceeding client expectations.
- Ability to apply international audit standards to deliver quality audit report in line with the Bank’s strategy needs/situation
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, with a working knowledge of the other language.
Information on the position:
The African Development Bank group has retained global career company ltd to assist with this appointment. to apply, please click on “apply” as displayed on the application page or access through the following link:
This position is classified international status and attracts international terms and conditions of employment.
Should you encounter technical difficulties in submitting your application, please send an email with a precise description of the issue and/or a screenshot showing the problem to: HR Direct HRDirect@AFDB.ORG
Applicants who fully meet the Bank's requirements and are considered for interview will be contacted. Only online applications submitted with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of the required degrees will be considered. The President, AfDB, reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. www.afdb.org
The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) does not ask for payments of any kind from applicants throughout the recruitment process (job application, CV review, interview meeting, and final processing of applications). In addition, the Bank does not request information on applicants’ bank accounts. The African Development Bank Group declines all responsibility for the fraudulent publications of job offers in its name or, in general, for the fraudulent use of its name in any way whatsoever.