WARNING AGAINST FRAUDULENT USE OF THE AFRICAN DEVELOPMENT BANK’S (AfDB) NAME Read more
Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas (High 5s), all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up, namely; energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa. The Bank is seeking to build a management team that will lead the successful implementation of this vision.
The Senior Vice-Presidency is responsible for supporting the President in the day-to-day management of the Bank Group to achieve its strategic objective and drive performance culture that will align all processes and systems to deliver high impact results. The Senior Vice-Presidency will provide effective leadership and exceptional coordination to ensure implementation and monitoring of key corporate decisions as well as the identification of necessary corrective measures and actions. The Senior Vice-Presidency will lead senior management discussions, decision-making processes and the implementation of key Board and Management decisions.
THE HIRING DEPARTMENT:
Located within the Senior Vice-Presidency Complex, the Department in charge of Quality Assurance and the Operations Committee Secretariat works to continuously enhance the quality and timely delivery of Bank operations. The Department coordinates and supports the Bank’s global efforts towards sharpening the country focus, strategic selectivity and quality of the Bank’s operations.
The Quality Assurance (QA) Division is the operations support unit of the African Development Bank (AfDB) that focuses on enhancing and mainstreaming the quality and results focus of the Bank’s strategies and operations. More specifically, the Division (i) sets quality standards for the Bank’s interventions; (ii) develops and strengthens tools and processes throughout the operation cycle; and (iii) enhances staff capacities and facilitating operations related knowledge.
The main objectives of the position are to:
1. Support the Bank’s increasingly strong focus on the quality of its operations and therefore their development impact, through quality assurance and enhancement activities.
2. Build and disseminate operations related knowledge, including on the effective use of quality assurance tools, and on the drivers of quality and results in Bank operations.
3. Spearhead delivery of Operations Academy, the new learning platform for operations staff.
Under the overall supervision of the Division Manager, Quality Assurance, the Chief Quality Officer will be responsible for:
1. Quality Assurance and Enhancement. Conducting and coordinating quality assurance of Bank sovereign operations and country strategies; and in specific cases providing or coordinating proactive support to task teams to enhance quality.
2. Tools and Guidelines. Leading or contributing to periodic review and update of quality assurance tools and guidance, including those related to project quality-at-entry, implementation and closure.
3. Operations Academy. Spearhead the development, institutionalization, and updating of the Operations Academy as the main on-line learning tool for the Bank’s operations staff.
4. Staff learning and coaching. Spearhead staff development activities, including in the areas of quality assurance and results-based management. This includes development of curricula and training materials on various aspects of Bank operations, facilitation of workshops and learning events for Bank staff and Management.
5. Knowledge management and communication. Lead key knowledge dissemination and communication activities, including those based on analytical work produced by the division and sharing of good practices.
6. Special assignments. Lead on or contribute to specific studies, analytical work, and events related to operations quality, as required.
7. Relationship management. Maintain and build effective working relationships with staff of regional and sector departments, including country offices, as well as key technical support departments to ensure Bank-wide ownership/internalization and effective application of quality assurance tools. Work closely with other departments in charge of staff training and development.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
THIS POSITION IS CLASSIFIED INTERNATIONAL STATUS AND ATTRACTS INTERNATIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT.
Should you encounter technical difficulties in submitting your application, please send an email with a precise description of the issue and/or a screenshot showing the problem to: HR Direct HRDirect@AFDB.ORG
To apply for this position, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries.
Applicants who fully meet the Bank's requirements and are considered for interview will be contacted. Only online applications submitted with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of the required degrees will be considered. The President, AfDB, reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. www.afdb.org
The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) does not ask for payments of any kind from applicants throughout the recruitment process (job application, CV review, interview meeting, and final processing of applications). In addition, the Bank does not request information on applicants’ bank accounts. The African Development Bank Group declines all responsibility for the fraudulent publications of job offers in its name or, in general, for the fraudulent use of its name in any way whatsoever.