- Position title: Client service delivery officer corporate and human resources services
- Grade: PL6
- Position N°: 50000326
- Reference: ADB/17/180
- Publication date: 11/05/2017
- Closing date: 01/06/2017
Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas, all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up, namely; energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa. The Bank is seeking to build a management team that will lead the successful implementation of this vision.
The Vice-President, Human Resources and Corporate Services will lead the effort to digitalize and transform the Bank into a knowledge-driven workforce, promote human resources policies that enhance talent, drive a performance-driven culture, and ensure the competitiveness of the Bank as the employer of choice. Under the direction of the President, s/he will drive a new corporate culture that rewards creativity and innovation and attracts and retains a world class workforce into the Bank.
THE HIRING DEPARTMENT/DIVISION:
The primary roles of the General Services and Procurement Department are to manage the Bank’s assets, oversee all corporate procurement of goods, services, works and real estate, coordinate all staff travel and transport of Bank’s goods and staff, catering services and other logistics arrangements and the mail services and keep staff informed about services offered. To this end the General Services and Procurement Department formulates and applies rules for procurement, storage, and maintenance of furniture, office equipment and supply; design, prepare and implement programs for the construction or acquisition and maintenance of buildings and premises; formulate and ensure the proper and effective application of administration policies within the Bank in such areas as communications, transport, travels, security, protection and safety of the Bank’s staff and property; and perform related duties. The department is responsible for managing the Bank’s fixed assets (valued at over UA 100,000,000). The General Services and Procurement Department comprises 3 divisions supervised by the Director General Services and Procurement. These divisions are: (i). Operations and Maintenance Division; (ii). Corporate Procurement Division; and (iii). Support Services Division.
The role of the General Services and Procurement Department is to formulate, implement and monitor policies and programs relating to the maintenance of the Bank’s fixed assets and equipment, the procurement of goods, services and works for the institution, as well as to travel, and provision of support services, such as travel, communication, catering, insurance, stocks and logistics, as well as support to the decentralization and Green Bank Initiatives of the Bank. The objective is to improve the work environment of Bank staff to enable them accomplish their mission.
The Client Service Delivery Officer performs the following duties and responsibilities:
- Manage the activities related to the delivery of services to the Bank's internal (staff) and external clients (service providers and consultants).
- Manage the operational activities related to the quality of the services and the satisfaction of the internal and external customers.
- Manage the coordination and monitoring of activities between staff and service providers.
Reporting to the Principal Program / Budget Coordination Officer, the Client Service Delivery Officer will:
- Develop information and solution sharing within staff, service providers and consultants by:
- Raising awareness of the application of the Bank's rules and procedures for managing client’s requests and complaints, managing fixed assets and equipment, managing goods and works, managing inventory, logistics, procurement, transport, catering and insurance.
- Facilitating the smooth running of the business processes and support needed to process client requests and complaints.
- Responding to questions, concerns, requests, etc. of clients in order to apply the appropriate solutions.
- Define and create Service Level Agreements to ensure the smooth execution of service and customer satisfaction. These Service Level Agreements will be updated and remain effective over time.
- Create a system to manage the processing of service requests and incidents.
- Manage a well-established communications plan to communicate messages and information to clients through a variety of communication channels, such as the service catalog, the Announcement Box and the eNewsletters.
- Plan and design workshops or trainings dedicated to staff and service providers with a view to their understanding and application of the Bank's rules and procedures.
- Participate in the drafting of proposals for evolutions of the processes, proposals for prevention of conflicts and corrections of errors, in relation with the technical teams.
- Participate in meetings for the evaluation of service providers.
- Ensure reporting by preparing and updating a report table (dashboard) on actual and anticipated client problems, appropriate solutions, actions taken, levels of satisfaction, and performance improvements.
- Ensure follow-up of service providers and consultants: recruitment, taking-up of duties, payments and evaluations during the execution and at the end of the contract.
- Compile the schedules of missions, schedules of events, absences, and trainings to inform the Management of the department.
- Supervise the organization of events: seminars, training, receptions and visits.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Hold at least a Master’s Degree in Management, Business Administration, Organisational Development, Social Sciences, Public Sector Management, Communication, Marketing or related discipline.
- Have at least a minimum of four (4) years of relevant professional experience.
- Service Management qualification is desirable: Certifications in Service Strategy / Service Design / Service Transition / Service Operation / Continual Service Improvement.
- In-depth knowledge of Client Service Delivery.
- Full understanding of core processes: Incident management, Problem management, Change management, Release & Deployment management, Service Level management, Service Catalogue management, Availability management, Capacity Management, Service asset management.
- Understanding of Work Process Improvement Framework.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Ability to keep up to date with automation and rationalization of work process advances.
- Good presentation and report writing skills.
- Ability to “sell” new ideas and concepts.
- Good organisational skills.
- Knowledge of Bank‘s service delivery systems environment or similar environment for service delivery
- Communicate and write effectively in French or English, with a good working knowledge of the other language.
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft Office Suite applications.
Information on the position:
The African Development Bank group has retained global career company ltd to assist with this appointment. to apply, please click on “apply” as displayed on the application page or access through the following link:
This position is classified international status and attracts international terms and conditions of employment.
Should you encounter technical difficulties in submitting your application, please send an email with a precise description of the issue and/or a screenshot showing the problem to: HR Direct HRDirect@AFDB.ORG
Applicants who fully meet the Bank's requirements and are considered for interview will be contacted. Only online applications submitted with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of the required degrees will be considered. The President, AfDB, reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. www.afdb.org
The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) does not ask for payments of any kind from applicants throughout the recruitment process (job application, CV review, interview meeting, and final processing of applications). In addition, the Bank does not request information on applicants’ bank accounts. The African Development Bank Group declines all responsibility for the fraudulent publications of job offers in its name or, in general, for the fraudulent use of its name in any way whatsoever.