Corporate Credit Card Administrator
- Position title: Corporate Credit Card Administrator
- Grade: PL6
- Position N°: 50000356
- Reference: ADB/17//265
- Publication date: 14/06/2017
- Closing date: 29/06/2017
- Country: Côte d’Ivoire
Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas (High 5s), all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up, namely; energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa.
The Vice-Presidency, Human Resources and Corporate Services Complex ensures the delivery of efficient, people-centered, client-oriented, corporate services to ensure overall institutional effectiveness in all aspects of the Bank’s corporate services. The complex leads efforts to ensure the competitiveness of the Bank as the employer of choice and is responsible for providing leadership in the formulation and implementation of Bank’s strategies on people, IT, general services and institutional procurements, language services, business continuity, and health and safety strategies.
THE HIRING DEPARTMENT:
The primary roles of the General Services and Procurement Department are to manage the Bank’s assets, oversee all corporate procurement of goods, services, works and real estate, coordinate all staff travel and transport of Bank’s goods and staff, catering services and other logistics arrangements and the mail services and keep staff informed about services offered. To this end the General Services and Procurement Department formulates and applies rules for procurement, storage, and maintenance of furniture, office equipment and supply; design, prepare and implement programmes for the construction or acquisition and maintenance of buildings and premises; formulate and ensure the proper and effective application of administration policies within the Bank in such areas as communications, transport, travels, security, protection and safety of the Bank’s staff and property; and perform related duties. The department is responsible for managing the Bank’s fixed assets (valued at over UA 100,000,000). The General Services and Procurement Department comprises 3 divisions supervised by the Director General Services and Procurement. These divisions are: (i). Operations and Maintenance Division (CHGS.1); (ii). Corporate Procurement Division (CHGS.2); and (iii). Support Services Division (CHGS.3).
The position holder is responsible for a coordinated management of the three main components of the Corporate Credit Card Program – lodge card, travel card and purchasing card – and related business for the smooth delivery of travel and corporate procurement activities of Bank. The incumbent manages relationships with the credit card service provider and the cardholders.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the supervision and guidance of the Director, the Corporate Credit Card Administrator will:
1. Participate in the preparation of functional specifications of the tender leading to the selection of the service provider in charge of management of the Corporate Credit Card System. This includes making a presentation of the expected features and services expected by the Bank to the bidders and assessing various demos / solutions presented by bidders.
2. Work with IT development teams on integrating the credit card service provider’s solution into SAP and other IT systems of the Bank.
3. Conduct tests in SAP Travel and Procurement modules or on the new interface (if necessary).
4. Propose and implement corrective solutions.
5. Participate in training provided to the African Development Bank card administrators.
6. Receive and validate corporate card applications (via the new automated card application tool).
7. Ensure that eligible Bank staff sign the conditions for using the corporate cards.
8. Forward new applications to card provider for cards to be issued.
9. Receive and issue new cards to staff members.
10. Train cardholders on how to use the Corporate Cards at the time of issue in accordance with the Corporate cards Policy and relevant operating instructions.
11. Download daily and monthly corporate cards transactions files from the corporate cards Provider data source.
12. Collaborate with the accounting department to integrate daily transaction cards files into SAP.
13. Periodically ensure that all daily and monthly transactions files are available on the Bank's server.
14. Receive service providers’ invoices and process them.
15. Follow up with the accounting department to ensure that payment is made on time and in line with the framework agreement signed with the corporate cards provider.
16. Perform monthly identification and reconciliation of all outstanding transactions with the accounting department.
17. Monitor outstanding or ongoing files under investigation regarding payments to the provider.
18. Manage technical issues: (i) Manage incidents occurring during card use, and (ii)) Help cardholders.
19. Monitor the use/abuse of the cards and initiates corrective actions, which may include activating sanction mechanism.
20. Sensitize cardholders on the use of the cards.
21. Propose IT solutions to improve the corporate cards use process and ensure data integrity.
22. Update corporate cards information.
23. Monitor corporate cards use by cardholders in accordance with corporate cards policy and relevant manual.
24. Report any fraudulent use of the corporate cards to the cardholder’s manager and the concerned safeguards departments, including General Services and Procurement Department respective divisions, Human Resources Management Department and Accounts Payable.
25. Follow up on transactions-related disputes charged to the cardholder of the corporate cards by the provider.
26. Assess the provider’s service quality.
27. Prepare monthly reports on Travel cards and P-Card transactions for CHGS.3 and CHGS.2 Division Managers respectively. Performs regular and any ad-hoc reporting as may be required to the Director General Services and Procurement Department.
28. Play the role of a primary contact between the Bank and the Corporate Card service provide.
29. Report incidents to the corporate cards provider.
30. Propose and implement corrective measures.
31. Monitor the settlement of the provider’s invoices by the Bank.
32. Introduce and monitor applications (increasing the ceiling, unlocking cards, disputed transactions, etc.).
33. Monitor procedures and methodology with the card provider.
34. Work closely with the card provider on card design.
35. Make proposals for improving data security.
36. Propose improvements in work procedures and help to design and recommend improvements to the systems used in managing corporate cards.
37. Participate in Corporate cards Policy review.
38. Review and update the procedures manual whenever changes in procedure or policy are required.
39. Monitor procedures and methodology with service providers.
40. Ensure that all changes to the Corporate cards are eligible transactions that comply with Bank travel and procurement directives;
41. Work closely with Staff, Managers and Accounting Assistants, Corporate It Services Department Managers and Assistants, Service Providers’ Accounts Payable Officials and Management.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
1. Hold at least a Master degree in Administration, Business, Economics, Finance, Science, or related domain.
2. Have a minimum of four (4) years progressive experience in Finance, Administration, Accounting.
3. Over 3 years’ experience in an International Organization would be advantageous.
4. The capacity to be aware of, control, and express one’s emotions, and to handle interpersonal relationships judiciously and empathetically.
5. Ability to persuade, influence and explore positions and alternatives to reach outcomes that will gain acceptance of all parties.
6. Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
7. Ability to work in a team.
8. Act with integrity and maintain confidentiality when dealing with sensitive information and being exemplary to the Bank staff.
9. Demonstrate professional knowledge and skills, anticipate and manage risks, apply the fundamentals to ensure reduced risk to business deliverables of the Bank.
10. Demonstrate the required technical knowledge for the position.
11. Break down complex information into component parts.
12. Understand, interpret and apply the Bank’s rules and procedures and public procurement principles.
13. Analyze information to develop a conceptual understanding of the meaning of a range of information.
14. MS Package (Word, Excel Power Point) SAP, Outlook.
15. It would be advantageous to be versed with ACL.
16. Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, preferably with a working knowledge of the other language.
17. Proficient in the use of standard MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) Practical knowledge of SAP systems will be an advantage.
INFORMATION ON THE POSITION:
THE AFRICAN DEVELOPMENT BANK GROUP HAS RETAINED CA GLOBAL HEADHUNTERS (PTY) LTD TO ASSIST WITH THIS APPOINTMENT. TO APPLY, PLEASE SEND A CONCISE CV TOGETHER WITH THE APPLICATION FORM HIGHLIGHTING YOUR EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS AGAINST THE REQUIREMENTS OF THE ROLE, TO: email@example.com
PLEASE QUOTE THE ROLE TITLE AND ASSIGNMENT CODE RBDB050 IN THE SUBJECT HEADING OF THE EMAIL.
TELEPHONE: +27 (0) 21 659 9200
THIS POSITION IS CLASSIFIED INTERNATIONAL STATUS AND ATTRACTS INTERNATIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT.
Should you encounter technical difficulties in submitting your application, please send an email with a precise description of the issue and/or a screenshot showing the problem to: HR Direct HRDirect@AFDB.ORG
Applicants who fully meet the Bank's requirements and are considered for interview will be contacted. Only online applications submitted with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of the required degrees will be considered. The President, AfDB, reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. www.afdb.org
The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) does not ask for payments of any kind from applicants throughout the recruitment process (job application, CV review, interview meeting, and final processing of applications). In addition, the Bank does not request information on applicants’ bank accounts. The African Development Bank Group declines all responsibility for the fraudulent publications of job offers in its name or, in general, for the fraudulent use of its name in any way whatsoever.