WARNING AGAINST FRAUDULENT USE OF THE AFRICAN DEVELOPMENT BANK’S (AfDB) NAME Read more
Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas, all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up, namely; energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa. The Bank is seeking to build a management team that will lead the successful implementation of this vision.
The Vice-Presidency, Human Resources and Corporate Services ensures the delivery of efficient, people-centered, client-oriented, corporate services to ensure overall institutional effectiveness in all aspects of the Bank’s corporate services. The complex leads efforts to ensure the competitiveness of the Bank as the employer of choice and is responsible for providing leadership in the formulation and implementation of Bank’s strategies on people, Information Technology general services and institutional procurements, language services, business continuity and, health and safety strategies.
THE HIRING DEPARTMENT:
The Corporate Information Technology Services Department mission at the Bank is to align the Information Technology delivery strategy along with the Bank’s business strategy, to increase the organizational effectiveness through efficient use of the Information Systems. Under the leadership of the Bank’s Information System’s Director, the Corporate Information Technology Services Department is mandated by the Bank to deliver the best possible IT services for Bank staff, and help achieve the results that will get the Bank closer to accomplishing its development goals.
The Division Manager Data Center & System Management Services provides leadership, supervision and management for the acquisition, deployment, operations and support of the Bank’s information technology infrastructure. Areas of responsibility include: deliver and support Bank’s infrastructure (servers, storage, databases) and services, applications such as email messaging, support to the development teams and in charge of managing and monitoring the different data centers; ensure the services continuity, capacity and availability, define Service Level Agreements; continually improve services to meet technology requirements and standard; providing technical guidance and leadership to the different teams within the Division, staff motivation and engagement, performance management, coaching and mentoring, resources planning and optimization.
Under the overall supervision of the Director of the Corporate Information Technology Services department, the Division Manager will undertake the following:
1. Set the goals and objectives of the division, lead the team, evaluate its performance, manage staff potential and training needs.
2. Plan and oversee the management of activities undertaken by the division: monitoring of work programs and projects in a timely fashion within the budget.
3. Ensure that the Information Technology infrastructure services needed by the bank, as agreed, are provided in a usable, efficient, timely, secure, highly available and cost effective manner.
4. Actively participate in long-range strategy planning and manages policy development to address complex business issues; provides leadership to cross-functional teams.
5. Oversee the development of service based management processes, control and measure to ensure quality of service is maintained to meet business objectives.
6. Implement a service-oriented, quality-driven and result based culture across the division teams that quality criteria are clear, available, measured adhered to and reported.
7. Champion & promote on-going service improvements to continually enhance quality and customer satisfaction with respect to infrastructure services.
8. Develop, implement, and maintain change control and rigorous testing processes for modifications to IT infrastructure, including the application of formal Release Management governance and procedures.
9. Define, implement and maintain service continuity, capacity and availability plans taking into consideration applicable business operations, risks and service requirements.
10. Manage distributed teams, including Third Party Vendors and Outsourced Partners to guarantee deliverables to Time, Budget and Quality Objectives.
11. Develop, review, manage, set and measure objectives and motivate team members to successfully accomplish company and personal advancement objectives.
12. Focused on cost savings, high performance, high reliability, quality of user experience and architectural alignment of solutions.
13. Work with the Corporate Information Technology Services department management, present supporting information to Steering Committees, the Boards of Directors, and others in order to obtain approval for major IT contracts and investment for the Bank.
14. Represent the Corporate Information Technology Services department in meetings, task forces, and work groups comprised of sister agencies and as required, representatives of governments.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
1. Hold at least a Master’s degree or its equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology, Technology management, Telecommunications Engineering or related area.
2. Have a minimum of eight (8) years of progressive experience in similar position with at least 3 years of experience in management with track record in people management, and coaching.
3. Private sector experience will be an added advantage.
4. Excellent Information Technology Service Management skills with 8+ years of running complex Information Technology Service Management operations years proven track record of managing Information Technology infrastructure, systems engineers and data centers geographically distributed.
5. ITSM qualification, such as ITIL Operational Support and Analysis (OSA), ITIL Service Offerings and Agreements (SOA) preferred. Minimum ITIL Foundation certified.
6. Certification in Data Center Management.
7. Progressively responsible experience in analysis, planning and design of ICT infrastructure and systems is required, including at least 3 years of experience at management level.
8. Experience in managing mission critical enterprise ICT infrastructure services and data centers is required.
9. Working experience in similar financial multilateral institutions.
10. Experience in Control and management of ICT assets.
11. Knowledge and skills in Enterprise Architecture.
12. Experience in Business Process Management and feasibility studies.
13. Experience and skills in Budgeting and resource management including human resources.
14. Knowledge of relevant national and international legislation. E.g.: Data Protection Act, EU Procurement Directive.
15. Conceptual and strategic analytical capacity to understand information system and business operational issues so as to thoroughly analyze and evaluate critical systems matters.
16. Ability to improve processes and approaches; demonstrates adaptability to changing priorities.
17. Ability to advise Senior Management on complex systems development and related matters of significant importance to the institution.
18. Good understanding of the new technology and industry trend.
19. Dynamic and self-motivated to provide better services to the users.
20. Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
21. Excellent interpersonal skills coupled with a collaborative style.
22. Ability to communicate with the team members and external providers.
23. Conflict resolution skills.
24. Crisis management skills.
25. Vendor management skills.
26. Experience and skills in the Procurement process of ICT Products and services.
27. Experience and skills in Budgeting and resource management including human resources.
28. Creative thinking ability.
29. People management skills.
30. Problem solving and decision making skills.
31. Communicate and write effectively in French or English, with a good working knowledge of the other language.
32. Competence in the use of standard Microsoft Office, Windows/Unix operating systems; Oracle/SQL server databases; Storage, back-up and restore technologies. Knowledge of SAP and SRAS are desirable.
THIS POSITION IS CLASSIFIED INTERNATIONAL STATUS AND ATTRACTS INTERNATIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT.
Should you encounter technical difficulties in submitting your application, please send an email with a precise description of the issue and/or a screenshot showing the problem, to: HR Direct HRDirect@AFDB.ORG
To apply for this position, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries.
Applicants who fully meet the Bank's requirements and are considered for interview will be contacted. Only online applications submitted with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of the required degrees will be considered. The President, AfDB, reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. www.afdb.org
The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) does not ask for payments of any kind from applicants throughout the recruitment process (job application, CV review, interview meeting, and final processing of applications). In addition, the Bank does not request information on applicants’ bank accounts. The African Development Bank Group declines all responsibility for the fraudulent publications of job offers in its name or, in general, for the fraudulent use of its name in any way whatsoever.