WARNING AGAINST FRAUDULENT USE OF THE AFRICAN DEVELOPMENT BANK’S (AfDB) NAME Read more
Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas, all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up, namely; energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa.
The Vice-Presidency for ‘Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery’ is responsible for operational relevancy, efficiency and effectiveness of the Bank Group’s operational programs, and activities. The Vice-Presidency will ensure that the Bank operates successfully across its Regional Member Countries and will oversee the full implementation of all aspects of the Bank’s Regional Directorates.
THE HIRING DEPARTMENT:
Morocco Country Office of the African Development Bank has been established to strengthen policy dialogue between the Bank, Governments and other stakeholders; improve performance of the project portfolio and aid coordination with other development partners.
The Bank invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill in the vacant position of Driver. This position is based in Rabat, Morocco and does not attract international terms and conditions.
Under the overall supervision of the Country Manager and the day to day supervision of the Administrative and Finance Officer of the Morocco Country Office, the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
1. Transport the Country Manager, Officials visiting the Country Office and the Country Office Staff on missions;
2. Pick up bank staff at the airport and providing assistance in terms of immigration and customs formalities;
3. Perform office messenger duties for the Country Office;
4. Ensure the planning and preparation of trips (routes, travel times, scheduling);
5. Ensure the daily maintenance of the vehicle (checking of oil, water, battery, brakes, tires etc.);
6. Ensure the cleaning of the vehicles, keep records of official travel, daily mileage, fuel consumption, oil changes, lubrication etc. ;
7. Ensure that the formalities provided for in the regulations are met in the event of an accident;
8. Perform other duties as required.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
1. Hold at least a High School Diploma;
2. Hold a valid driver’s license with a clean track record;
3. Have a minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience as a driver in an international/multinational organization, or public or private sector organization;
4. Experience and skills in minor vehicle repairs, and routine maintenance for the vehicles;
5. Have a perfect knowledge of the traffic laws and a good knowledge of the major cities of the country as well as addresses of national and international institutions, organizations and development partners;
6. Having private sector experience will be an added advantage;
7. Good written and verbal communication skills in French. Working knowledge of English will be an added advantage;
8. Competence in the use of standard Microsoft software e.g. Microsoft Word and use of internet;
9. Have initiative and be discreet, honest and good character;
10. Excellent team work and interpersonal skills.
THIS POSITION DOES NOT ATTRACT INTERNATIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS (THE POST HOLDER WILL BE CONSIDERED AS A LOCAL STAFF AND WILL NOT HAVE INTERNATIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT).
Should you encounter technical difficulties in submitting your application, please send an email with a precise description of the issue and/or a screenshot showing the problem to: HR Direct HRDirect@AFDB.ORG
To apply for this position, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries.
Applicants who fully meet the Bank's requirements and are considered for interview will be contacted. Only online applications submitted with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of the required degrees will be considered. The President, AfDB, reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. www.afdb.org
The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) does not ask for payments of any kind from applicants throughout the recruitment process (job application, CV review, interview meeting, and final processing of applications). In addition, the Bank does not request information on applicants’ bank accounts. The African Development Bank Group declines all responsibility for the fraudulent publications of job offers in its name or, in general, for the fraudulent use of its name in any way whatsoever.