- Position title: Executive Assistant - Several positions
- Grade: GS7
- Position N°: 50000205
- Reference: ADB/17/344
- Publication date: 14/07/2017
- Closing date: 27/07/2017
- Country: Côte d’Ivoire
Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas (High 5), all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up, namely; energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa
THE OFFICE OF THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTORS :
The Board of Directors provides oversight and strategic direction to the African Development Bank Group. It is composed of Executive Directors who are representatives of the African Development Bank member countries. Specifically the Board is responsible for the conduct of the general operations of the Bank, and carries out the following functions: (1) determine the general structure of the Bank’s services; (2) approve the financing policy and take decisions concerning loans, guarantees, equity investments and fund loans by the Bank; (3) determine the interest rates of loans and guarantee commissions; (4) approve the Bank’s operations programme and administrative budget; (5) prepare the work of the Board of Governors ; and (6) submit accounts and annual reports for the approval of the Board of Governors.
The Executive Assistant will focus on the following:
- providing administrative and general support services to the Executive Director, Alternate Executive Director, Senior Adviser and Adviser;
- serving as a liaison between the Executive Directors office and the Bank Complexes concerning information collection and dissemination as well as securing appointments;
- assisting in search and dissemination of papers or on-line information related to the Board discussions, as directed;
- implementing the office work program and requests received from the constituency member countries, as needed;
- coordinating and organizing internal and external events and missions of the Constituency Office.
Under the Supervision of the Executive Director, the Executive Assistant will:
- Act as the first point of contact and support for internal and external stakeholders.
- Perform administrative tasks and functions for the office of the Executive Director such as printing, scanning, filtering correspondence and drafting letters, responding to e-mails, filing, sorting and retrieving corporate documents, records and reports, and dispatching documents to the concerned parties.
- Effectively handle all official communications, ensuring a high level of professionalism and etiquette.
- Liaise with other Bank Departments such as Corporate General Services, the General Secretariat, Finance and Treasury for arrangements and issuance of the Executive Director’s mission claims, medical expenses, representation allowances, education benefits, invitation and business cards and any other expenses.
- Assist with the arrival and departure arrangements of the Executive Director, Alternate Executive Director (Non-Resident), Advisers.
- Assist and coordinate support for shareholders and other official visitors under the Executive Director’s office, as may be required from time to time, ensuring that the necessary protocol is followed as per Bank guidelines.
- Coordinate and schedule meetings and appointments inside and outside the Bank for office activities/work program as requested by the Executive Director.
- Coordinate the Executive Director files for Board meetings, committees and seminars and make available all documents submitted by the General Secretariat to the Boards, Committees, Seminars, Informal Meetings / technical or other meetings to members of the office.
- Carry out background research and highlight important information to be recorded or presented to the Executive Director.
- Build working relationships with the focal points for each country of the constituency in order to ensure that the Executive Director’s office is used as a central point for all officials of the constituency stakeholders.
- Follow up on the execution of the budget of the Constituency Office e.g. follow up and request budget transfer and monthly report reflecting the actual situation and inform the Executive Director accordingly.
- Assist in the preparation and dispatch of monthly, quarterly, and annual reports to Constituency Governors.
- Prepare logistics, documentation, and/or travel with the Executive Director to coordinate annual meeting/consultation mission of Board members to Constituency member countries, coordinate meetings and press conferences/cocktails, signing of loan/grant agreements and working lunches/seating at state banquets.
- Perform any other related tasks as assigned by the Executive Director.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Hold at least a Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Commerce, Administration or related discipline.
- Have a minimum of five (5) years of relevant and practical experience, in an executive office in a support function.
- Private sector experience is an added advantage.
- Strong secretarial and office management and coordination skills.
- High level of confidentiality, discretion, judgement and etiquette.
- Excellent effective communication, problem solving, client orientation, team work and relations cultural sensitivity.
- Perfect mastery of protocol usages.
- Innovation, operational effectiveness and planning skills in the dynamic setting of an international and multicultural setting.
- Ability to work under pressure and to handle speedily and efficiently, internal and external requests.
- Ability to manage multiple, simultaneous and shifting demands.
- Excellent organizational skills coupled to the ability to multitask and to work with diverse workforce.
- Attention to detail and ability to work with tight deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English or French, with a working knowledge of the other language.
- Competence in the use of standard MS office applications (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint).
Information on the position:
THE AFRICAN DEVELOPMENT BANK GROUP HAS RETAINED DEVEX TO ASSIST WITH THIS APPOINTMENT. TO APPLY, PLEASE CLICK ON “APPLY” AS DISPLAYED ON THE APPLICATION PAGE OR ACCESS THROUGH THE FOLLOWING LINK:
THIS POSITION DOES NOT ATTRACT INTERNATIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS (THE POST HOLDER WILL BE CONSIDERED AS A LOCAL STAFF AND WILL NOT HAVE INTERNATIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT).
Should you encounter technical difficulties in submitting your application, please send an email with a precise description of the issue and/or a screenshot showing the problem to: HR Direct HRDirect@AFDB.ORG
Applicants who fully meet the Bank's requirements and are considered for interview will be contacted. Only online applications submitted with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of the required degrees will be considered. The President, AfDB, reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. www.afdb.org
The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) does not ask for payments of any kind from applicants throughout the recruitment process (job application, CV review, interview meeting, and final processing of applications). In addition, the Bank does not request information on applicants’ bank accounts. The African Development Bank Group declines all responsibility for the fraudulent publications of job offers in its name or, in general, for the fraudulent use of its name in any way whatsoever.