- Position title: Human Resources Information Systems Assistant
- Grade: GS8
- Position N°: 50076646
- Reference: ADB/17/212
- Publication date: 18/05/2017
- Closing date: 08/06/2017
- Country: Côte d’Ivoire
Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas (High 5s), all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up, namely; energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa.
The Vice-Presidency, Human Resources and Corporate Services ensures the delivery of efficient, people-centered, client-oriented, corporate services to ensure overall institutional effectiveness in all aspects of the Bank’s corporate services. The complex leads efforts to ensure the competitiveness of the Bank as the employer of choice and is responsible for providing leadership in the formulation and implementation of Bank’s strategies on people, information technology, general services and institutional procurements, language services, business continuity and, health and safety strategies.
THE HIRING DEPARTMENT/DIVISION:
The role of the Human Resources Management department is to develop and execute a People Strategy, Policies, processes and practices which will enable the Bank to achieve its strategic Agenda. Core to the HR Strategy will be the attraction, development, engagement, motivation and retention of a best-in-class workforce.
In order to create a truly transformed Human Resources work-way, the Human Resources Management department is structured around a triangular Model: Business Partnerships for strategy, client contracting and Human Resources delivery, Centers of Expertise/Subject Matter Experts for internal consulting, thought leadership, design, talent and staff development and training and best practice benchmarking, Human Resources Shared Services for transactional excellence and employees outreach. This new Human Resources Model will deliver a world-class employee life-cycle experience.
Within the Human Resources Management Department, the Human Resources Shared Services Division is responsible to the administration of employee, management of benefits, payroll, Human Resources processes and data center.
The Human Resources Information Systems Assistant provides a wide range of Information Technology support to the Department to ensure that the different Divisions move from manual paper driven processes to Information Technology based systems and processes to ensure speed and higher efficiency in its processes. The incumbent will assist the Human Resources Information Systems & Administrative Officer in the development and maintenance of the Human Resources Information system updated in line with regulatory and Human Resources policy changes and with evolving needs of the SAP HR users and auditors.
Under the overall supervision of the Human Resources Information Systems and Administration Officer/Shared Services Division Manager, the incumbent will undertake the following key responsibilities:
SAP and Human Resources Information Systems :
1. Provide necessary technical support and lead the technical enhancement of the system.
2. Assist the Corporate Information Technology Services Department in designing an e-enabled and integrated Human Resources information system.
3. Assist with design and testing of modification/changes in SAP Human Capital Management system.
4. Test and monitor the application system and processes.
5. Verify Human Resources application systems accuracy, integrity, and functionality.
6. Assist the Human Resources Management Department divisions in daily activities concerning the implementation of the Human Resources applications in the different Human Resources business areas (Personnel Administration, Recruitment, Performance Management, Training and Learning Management, Enterprise Compensation Management, Staff Planning, etc.).
7. Provide technical support and assistance in the configuration and the maintenance of the Human Resources Information Systems.
8. Follow up with the Corporate Information Technology Services Department to ensure the proper running of the online system including enhancements and modifications.
9. Provide assistance to the Corporate Information Technology Services Department for the customization and the new requirements of the multi-rater assessment system.
10. Manage Post Implementation Issues, Evolution, Improvements and Upgrades of the different Human Resources applications.
11. Deliver products within schedule and resource estimates.
12. Develop Administrators and End Users reports.
13. Review, design and maintain system documentation.
14. Provide clear and concise user guides for non-technical end users.
15. Provide user support and training the end users.
16. Analyze customer problem statements and processes, and identifying solutions.
17. Interact with peers and customers.
18. Provide input to the evaluation of the performance of temporary when requested.
Staff records / Digital personal files :
19. Ensure Quality Insurance control for the maintenance of personnel records and the classification of documents in Staff Personal Files in collaboration with Record clerks.
20. Assist in the development and the maintenance of systems (DARMS, Sharepoint) and procedures for the filing and management of confidential personnel files, individual staff-related documents, correspondence, circulars, policy documents, etc. to permit easy and timely retrieval.
Personal Administration and Data Maintenance Center:
21. Assist in the Planning, control and the Administration of the Human Resources Data maintenance center.
22. Develop and Update Human Resources Personal Administration processes, procedures and forms in view of permanently optimizing the efficiency and reliability of the unit and recommend such improvements in processes and documents in other areas impacting the efficiency and reliability of the Human Resources administration.
Support in others Human Resources Matters:
23. Maintain statistics and Design a variety of Human Resources reports in different Human Resources business areas (Recruitment, career development, staff planning, personal administration…) for supervisors and the others Human Resources teams in consultation with the respective Officers.
24. Prepare analytical reports for the use of the Management team and for other information purposes.
25. Work within a team to develop and implement ways to improve the efficiency, effectiveness, and quality of the products and/or services provides to internal/external customers.
26. Manage other ad hoc/miscellaneous activities as the need arises.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
1. Hold at least a Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Human Resources Management, Information Systems, Business Management or other related disciplines.
2. Have a minimum of six (6) years of relevant practical working experience at levels of increasing responsibility, preferably in an international organization; Experience in SAP Human Resources Management and Human Resources Information Systems is an advantage.
3. Strong analytical and organizational skills.
4. Excellent knowledge and a good mastery of spread sheets, database software and related tools.
5. Ability to be multi-tasking, compile, organise and prioritise under pressure with minimal supervision within a multidisciplinary and multicultural team.
6. Have a strong sense of rigor and accuracy, be proactive in implementing control and verification activities.
7. A high sense of initiative, enthusiasm and good team spirit, good organizational and interpersonal skills are strongly desired.
8. Operational Effectiveness.
10. Problem Solving.
11. Client Orientation.
12. Team working and relations.
13. Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, preferably with a working knowledge of the other language.
14. Competence in the use of standard Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and web tools). Knowledge of SAP or other systems used in the Human Resources Information systems of the Bank would be an asset.
INFORMATION ON THE POSITION:
THE AFRICAN DEVELOPMENT BANK GROUP HAS RETAINED DEVEX TO ASSIST WITH THIS APPOINTMENT. TO APPLY, PLEASE CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING LINK:
THIS POSITION DOES NOT ATTRACT INTERNATIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS (THE POST HOLDER WILL BE CONSIDERED AS A LOCAL STAFF AND WILL NOT HAVE INTERNATIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT).
Should you encounter technical difficulties in submitting your application, please send an email with a precise description of the issue and/or a screenshot showing the problem to: HR Direct HRDirect@AFDB.ORG
Applicants who fully meet the Bank's requirements and are considered for interview will be contacted. Only online applications submitted with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of the required degrees will be considered. The President, AfDB, reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. www.afdb.org
The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) does not ask for payments of any kind from applicants throughout the recruitment process (job application, CV review, interview meeting, and final processing of applications). In addition, the Bank does not request information on applicants’ bank accounts. The African Development Bank Group declines all responsibility for the fraudulent publications of job offers in its name or, in general, for the fraudulent use of its name in any way whatsoever.