WARNING AGAINST FRAUDULENT USE OF THE AFRICAN DEVELOPMENT BANK’S (AfDB) NAME Read more
Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas (High 5s), all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up, namely; energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa.
The Vice-Presidency, Human Resources and Corporate Services ensures the delivery of efficient, people-centered, client-oriented, corporate services to ensure overall institutional effectiveness in all aspects of the Bank’s corporate services. The complex leads efforts to ensure the competitiveness of the Bank as the employer of choice and is responsible for providing leadership in the formulation and implementation of Bank’s strategies on people, information technology, general services and institutional procurements, language services, business continuity and, health and safety strategies.
THE HIRING DEPARTMENT/DIVISION:
The Corporate Information Technology Services Department’s mission at the Bank is to align the Information Technology (IT) delivery strategy along with the Bank’s business strategy to increase the organizational effectiveness through efficient use of the Information Systems.
Under the leadership of the African Development Bank’s Information Systems Director, the Information Technology Systems Department is mandated by the Bank to deliver best possible Information Technology (IT) services for Bank Staff, and help achieve the results that gets the Bank closer to accomplishing its poverty reduction goals in Africa.
Under the general supervision of the Manager, Network and Telecommunications Division (CHIS.3), the Information and Communication Technology Officer is responsible for managing the Bank's telecommunication infrastructure, multi-user network and messaging systems in the Country Office.
The Information and Communication Technology Officer will be responsible to:
1. Manage the Bank's unified telecommunication services pertaining to Voice, Data transmission
2. Ensure connectivity to all corporate applications by proactive and efficient management of the LAN (Local Area Network)/ Wide Area Network (WAN) multi-user environment;
3. Implement system configurations as approved in the Bank's change management processes;
4. Install, configure, and support bank standard hardware and software, including desktops PCs,
laptops, printers scanners and other relevant peripherals;
5. Monitor the Bank's Very Small Aperture Terminal (VSAT) and fibber optic networks and liaise with service providers to ensure uninterrupted services;
6. Administer the information systems in the Country Office/Regional Directorate General (RDG) including routine housekeeping, troubleshooting maintenance and upgrades;
7. Ensure that the bank's information and information systems are protected in a manner consistent with its information security policy, procedures and standards;
8. Provide technical support to country office staff and visiting missions as well as direction and support on end user computing and applications, including incidents on available hardware, software, network services and videoconference sessions;
9. Work together with other Engineers from Headquarters to investigate, test, circumscribe and correct incidents/problems;
10. Be responsible for Vendor Contract Management in the Country office/ Regional Directorate General (RDG) including enforcement of Services Level Agreement (SLA)
11. Identify Information Technology (IT) related needs, prepare specifications and assist the Country Offices/ Regional Directorate General (RDG) in the preparation of Request For Proposals (RFPs) for the procurement of Information Technology (IT) equipment and services and manage contracts and suppliers;
12. Assume responsibility for Information Technology (IT) asset management in Country Office or Regional Directorate General (RDG) and the completeness of the inventory in SAP;
13. Assume responsibility at the Country Office or Regional Directorate General (RDG) level in the Service Asset and Configuration Management process
14. Assist the Country Manager or Regional General Director in determining training needs, equipment requirements and specifications.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
1. Hold at least a Master's degree in Computer Science, information Systems, Telecommunications/ Electronics or its equivalent or equivalent degree in Engineering or closely related disciplines;
2. Have a minimum of four (4) years of relevant professional experience in Information Communication Technology gained with similar multinational organization or major private or public institutions;
3. Solid experience in the support of computer hardware and software, in the management of the Unified Communication Services pertaining to Voice and in Data and video transmission;
4. Private Sector experience is an added advantage;
5. Strong skills for first and second level user assistance in handling incidents;
6. Experience and/or knowledge in Network Traffic Monitoring and Diagnostic Tools, Quality of Service (QoS) implementations, Wide Area Network (WAN) switching and routing, load-balancing and application-delivery solutions; user data backup techniques and procedures; Very Small Aperture Terminal (VSAT) Satellite Systems; the Voice over Internet Protocol ( VOIP) systems; the Video Conference Systems; is an added advantage;
7. Strong understanding of large enterprise Information Technology (IT) infrastructure components (server, storage, and network) and sound knowledge of Windows environments;
8. Ability to work under pressure and independently with little supervision;
9. Excellent problem solving, client orientation, team working and relations capabilities;
10. Ability to innovate coupled to the sense of creativity;
11. Effective communication (written and oral) in French or English, preferably with a good working knowledge of the other language;
12. Competences in the use of standard technology packages and Bank's standard software (word, excel, outlook, Power Point, MS Projects, etc...);
THIS POSITION DOES NOT ATTRACT INTERNATIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS (THE POST HOLDER WILL BE CONSIDERED AS A LOCAL STAFF AND WILL NOT HAVE INTERNATIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT)..
Should you encounter technical difficulties in submitting your application, please send an email with a precise description of the issue and/or a screenshot showing the problem to: HR Direct
To apply for this position, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries.
Applicants who fully meet the Bank's requirements and are considered for interview will be contacted. Only online applications submitted with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of the required degrees will be considered. The President, AfDB, reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. www.afdb.org
The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) does not ask for payments of any kind from applicants throughout the recruitment process (job application, CV review, interview meeting, and final processing of applications). In addition, the Bank does not request information on applicants’ bank accounts. The African Development Bank Group declines all responsibility for the fraudulent publications of job offers in its name or, in general, for the fraudulent use of its name in any way whatsoever.