- Position title: Operation Analyst
- Grade: PL6
- Position N°: 50093666; 50093628; 50093638; 50093646
- Reference: ADB/17/411
- Publication date: 06/09/2017
- Closing date: 26/09/2017
- Country: Côte d’Ivoire
Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas (High 5s), all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up, namely; energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa. The Bank is seeking to build a management team that will lead the successful implementation of this vision.
The Bank has reorganized and is developing the Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery Complex whose major objective is to build regional capabilities and bring responsibility for client activities closer to the regions. Five Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery Hubs have been created, each run by a Director General: Southern Africa, North Africa, West Africa; East Africa, and Central Africa.
The objective of Operation Analyst will be to support a team of different operations professionals including Task Managers, Country Programme Officers (CPOs), Country Economists (CES) and other Specialists in the implementation of their operational work programmes. The Operational Analyst’s responsibilities will include collecting, analysing, and providing data and data analysis that are necessary for the execution of the work program. The Operations Analyst may also be assigned to Director Generals / Deputy Director General and/or Regional Operations Managers as it is required within the operational need and determined from time to time. The Operations Analyst in performing functions, facilitate the work and decision making for Management and Task teams in the concerned Department.
Under the Supervision of the Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery Leadership, the Operation Analyst will:
- Work closely with Senior Managers and Task Managers to prioritise information required to facilitate substantiated decisions or serve as input to Board Documents that originate from the regions;
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis as required,
- Carry out collection and analyses of supervision data, disbursement ledgers and procurement data of active project in the portfolio of the Regions with particular focus on reporting on the performance of active projects and giving special attention to projects at risk;
- Engage different business users, subject matter experts and other critical resources during the process of gathering and analysing data requirements;
- Analyse gathered requirements data, verify requirements and create reliable data platforms;
- Validate information to establish its accuracy and resource reference;
- Provide well-defined gap analysis;
- Contribute to the Design and maintenance of a Database for the Region’s portfolio of active and pipeline projects.
Monitoring of Portfolio
- Continuous and or frequent monitoring of portfolios;
- Contribute to the preparation of monthly, quarterly, annual and ad hoc reports on the management and performance of the Region’s portfolio inclusive but not limited to loan/grant effectiveness, supervision rating, disbursement trends, loan cancellation, status of project audits and, status of Project Completion Reports;
- Provide support or inputs to reports on the compliance of the Borrower with the Bank's General Conditions and covenants applicable to loans and grants;
- Report on accuracy and completeness of SAP data regarding the department's portfolio.
- Assist in ensuring that all reports and activities comply with Bank requirements in terms of Rules, Policies and Presidential Directives that eliminate any audit finding pertaining to tasks.
Preparation of Reviews -
- Assist with the preparation of country portfolio reviews and country portfolio implementation supervisions.
- Contribute to the preparation and the monitoring of the Annual Work Program and regular updates of the Work Programs for the Region using the established or as directed schedules;
- Assist in the preparation of the Annual Activity Reports and Portfolio Analysis Reports.
- Establish working relationships that facilitate the gathering of information, data & relevant documents that assist in providing the necessary report or document or terms of reference as required by superiors;
Championing the Complex / Regional mandate and purpose
- Providing direct and indirect operational support that contribute to the Country or Regional output and mandate.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Hold at least a Master’s degree or its equivalent in Economics, Business Management, Information Technology or in a related discipline.
- Have a minimum of four (4) years of relevant professional experience in compiling management information, data analysis and formulation of data models.
- Demonstrated experience in Data Management in Development or similar organizations.
- Experience working in a team in a multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary, international and professional environment.
- Comprehensive understanding of projects structures, including project planning, risk management strategy, communication management strategy, lessons learned & critical success factors, strategies, policies, procedures and practices of other similar institutions.
- Acute knowledge and understanding of the elements essential for the effective delivery and measurement of development impacts through projects and programs in Africa.
- Ability to identify and create meaningful linkages across sectors to drive data management at a country and regional level.
- Possesses knowledge of the organization’s systems and capabilities and an ability to analyse business operations for further understanding of possible strengths and weaknesses which help to facilitate informed decision making.
- Good understanding of the organization’s systems and capabilities; ability to analyse business operations to understand possible strengths and weaknesses and determine opportunities to fast track processes that facilitate informed decision making.
- Ability to make effective, timely and well-determined actions and/or intervention for results delivery.
- Project Management - Competency in project cycle management.
- Structured Query Language (SQL) Certification.
- Private Sector experience will be an added advantage.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, preferably with a working knowledge of the other language.
- Proficient in the use of standard MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) Practical knowledge of SAP systems will be an advantage.
INFORMATION ON THE POSITION:
THE AFRICAN DEVELOPMENT BANK GROUP HAS RETAINED DEVEX TO ASSIST WITH THIS APPOINTMENT. TO APPLY, PLEASE CLICK ON “APPLY” AS DISPLAYED ON THE APPLICATION PAGE OR ACCESS THROUGH THE FOLLOWING LINK:
THIS POSITION IS CLASSIFIED INTERNATIONAL STATUS AND ATTRACTS INTERNATIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT.
Should you encounter technical difficulties in submitting your application, please send an email with a precise description of the issue and/or a screenshot showing the problem to: HR Direct HRDirect@AFDB.ORG
Applicants who fully meet the Bank's requirements and are considered for interview will be contacted. Only online applications submitted with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of the required degrees will be considered. The President, AfDB, reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. www.afdb.org
The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) does not ask for payments of any kind from applicants throughout the recruitment process (job application, CV review, interview meeting, and final processing of applications). In addition, the Bank does not request information on applicants’ bank accounts. The African Development Bank Group declines all responsibility for the fraudulent publications of job offers in its name or, in general, for the fraudulent use of its name in any way whatsoever.