WARNING AGAINST FRAUDULENT USE OF THE AFRICAN DEVELOPMENT BANK’S (AfDB) NAME Read more
Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas (High 5s), all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up, namely; energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa.
The Vice-Presidency for Private Sector, Infrastructure and Industrialization is central to the Bank’s mission of developing the private sector, improving infrastructure and accelerating industrialization. The complex main functions are to (i) strengthen the enabling environment for private sector [and financial sector] development conducive to inclusive growth and sustainable development, (ii) support the development of reliable and sustainable infrastructure, including cities and urban development, and (iii) place renewed emphasis on industrial and trade performance in support of structural transformation across Africa. The Complex leverages knowledge, co-financing, and partnerships to attract private capital and work with governments on delivering the Bank’s development agenda.
THE HIRING DEPARTMENT/DIVISION
The role of the Bank’s Non-Sovereign Operations and Private Sector Support Department of the Bank (PINS) is to promote private sector in Regional Member Countries, ensuring that it plays a central role in laying the foundations in the development role of the Bank, in line with the Bank’s 10 Year Strategy and HI 5 initiatives.
As part of the PINS Department, the Strategy and Transaction Support Division is responsible for preparing strategies, policies, guidelines, and analytical tools relevant to the sector; it also ensures global client management and undertakes specialized assignments for the Regions, providing ad hoc advice on transaction bankability, structuring, Project Modelling and designs and implements technical assistance for Private Sector operations.
The main responsibilities of the position holder are :
1. Contribute in the formulation of a long-term Global client Management framework and execution of a Client Relationship Management process required for Private Sector Development within the Bank;
2. Contribute in the development and operation of a system (business tool) to manage global client relationships (CRM Tool);
3. Identify Global Clients, aggregate the management of Global Clients, supervise the management of Global Clients;
4. Develop Global commercial Client relationships with existing and potential third-party investors;
Under the overall guidance and direct supervision of the Division Manager - Strategy and Transaction support, the Principal Global Client Management Officer will perform the following:
1. Contribute to the Management, leveraging and retention of client relationships which ensures the flow of value between the Bank and clients
2. Contribute to the proposal of new and retention of existing global clients in order to generate significant deal flows for the Bank;
3. Participate to the design of a system which will support the private sector business origination activities of the regional directorates and the Bank Departments’ responsible for Business development;
4. Contribute to the Development of business tools required to manage potential Client funding and non-funding requests which is required to drive private sector pipeline development;
5. Build market intelligence and maintain a database of global clients required to support the decision making process of origination teams based in the regional centers and in HQ;
6. Build and maintain strong relationships with a network of high net worth sponsors, financiers and developers.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
1. Hold at least a Master’s degree (or its university equivalent) in Finance or related field and/or IT science for Business, Management, Economics;
2. Have a minimum of six (6) years of relevant professional experience in the Bank or a similar institution and/or in strategic consultancy, business development and Client Management
3. Strong Experience in Client Relationship Management
4. Strong experience in IT database, Software technology and innovative systems;
5. Ability to produce clear and concise marketing reports
6. Sound knowledge of private sector transaction processing
7. Client and results oriented, with strong analytical and communication skills
8. Sense of initiative and innovation in proposing solutions to client needs
9. Teamwork oriented with excellent interpersonal skills for dealing with internal and external contacts
10. Ability to respond swiftly to new situations and to anticipate new issues
11. Diplomacy and credibility to deal with investors and development partners at all levels
12. Capacity to develop the role and to adapt to the rapidly evolving needs of the Bank
13. The ability to work effectively across organizational boundaries and to build networks
14. Ability to communicate and write effectively in English and/or French, with a good working knowledge to the other language; including a demonstrated ability to communicate complex business messages into clear communication messages and material
15. Competence in the use of Bank standard software (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) and preferably including SAP
THIS POSITION IS CLASSIFIED INTERNATIONAL STATUS AND ATTRACTS INTERNATIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT.
Should you encounter technical difficulties in submitting your application, please send an email with a precise description of the issue and/or a screenshot showing the problem, to: HR Direct HRDirect@AFDB.ORG
To apply for this position, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries.
Applicants who fully meet the Bank's requirements and are considered for interview will be contacted. Only online applications submitted with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of the required degrees will be considered. The President, AfDB, reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. www.afdb.org
The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) does not ask for payments of any kind from applicants throughout the recruitment process (job application, CV review, interview meeting, and final processing of applications). In addition, the Bank does not request information on applicants’ bank accounts. The African Development Bank Group declines all responsibility for the fraudulent publications of job offers in its name or, in general, for the fraudulent use of its name in any way whatsoever.