WARNING AGAINST FRAUDULENT USE OF THE AFRICAN DEVELOPMENT BANK’S (AfDB) NAME Read more
Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social development across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is designed to provide financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus on the objectives of the Ten Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and achieve greater developmental impact, five major areas (High 5s), all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up, namely; energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa. The Bank is seeking to build a management team that will lead the successful implementation of this vision.
The Senior Vice-Presidency (SVP) is responsible for supporting the President in the day-to-day management of the Bank Group in order to achieve its strategic objective and drive performance culture that will align all processes and systems to deliver high impact results. The Senior Vice-Presidency provide effective leadership and exceptional coordination to ensure implementation and monitoring of key corporate decisions as well as the identification of necessary corrective measures and actions. The Senior Vice-Presidency leads senior management discussions, decision-making processes and the implementation of key Board and Management decisions.
THE HIRING DEPARTMENT:
Located within the SVP Complex, the Operations Committee Secretariat and Quality Assurance Department works to continuously enhance the quality and timely delivery of Bank operations, The Department coordinates and supports the Bank’s global efforts towards sharpening the country focus, strategic selectivity and quality of the Bank’s operations.
Within the Department, the Quality Assurance (QA) Division is an operational support unit of the African Development Bank (AfDB) that focuses on enhancing and mainstreaming the quality and results of the Bank’s strategies and operations. To this end, it is responsible for: (i) setting quality standards for the Bank’s interventions; (ii) strengthening tools and processes throughout operational cycles; and (iii) building staff capacities and facilitating operational knowledge dissemination.
THE POSITION :
Within the Quality Assurance Division, the Principal Quality Assurance Officer will oversee activities and manage relations with the Bank’s relevant departments, including those responsible for public sector operations. The incumbent will be responsible for developing and integrating quality assurance and results tools into the project cycle of sovereign operations; strengthening the Bank's overall reporting capacity and to report on its operational performance and development results.
Under the supervision of the Manager, the Principal Quality Assurance Officer will have the following duties:
1. Staff guidelines and operational tools. Lead the process of refining and disseminating QaE standards and staff guidelines related to project preparation, implementation and completion through continued testing in collaboration with various project teams bank-wide.
2. Quality-at-entry assessment. Support the quality at entry assessment operations, including refinement of the readiness review approach and methodology. Train and coach focal points responsible for QaE assessments; undertake quality controls of RRs.
3. Operational performance evaluation: Establish evidence-based and results-based rating systems to capture performance throughout the project cycle at the individual and portfolio levels.
4. Quality Control: design mechanisms to monitor compliance with quality standards and verify the integrity of the rating system used for the assessment of sovereign operations, undertake quality control of supervision and completion reports.
5. Analytic work. Contribute to the preparation of the Quality Assurance Dashboard with the view to improve results reporting and strengthen the effectiveness of the Bank’s development finance interventions.
6. Staff learning and coaching. Facilitate workshops and learning events organized for operational staff, including staff members in field offices and regional resource centres; provide training and mentoring of task managers especially for the mainstreaming of new tools;
7. Helpdesk Management and quality assurance clinics. Contribute to helpdesk management activities and provide supports in quality assurance clinics.
8. Relationship management. Maintain effective working relationships with staff of Regional and Sector Departments, to ensure Bank-wide ownership/internalization of quality assurance tools.
9. Miscellaneous. Undertake other duties as assigned by the Division Manager.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
2. Have a minimum of six (6) years of relevant professional experience on quality assurance and results. Experience in IT and data management would be an asset.
3. Knowledge of quality assurance policies and operational processes of multilateral development banks.
4. Experience in developing training materials and conducting training workshops. Knowledge with e-learning development tools would be an advantage.
5. Knowledge of results-based approaches.
6. Be customer-oriented, especially in the management of sensitive issues in a multicultural environment.
7. Demonstrate innovation and creativity.
8. Be able to work independently with a minimum of supervision.
9. Ability to work in multidisciplinary teams and coordinate interdepartmental team efforts
12. Good command of standard applications of the Bank (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint); SAP's experience is desirable.
THIS POSITION IS CLASSIFIED INTERNATIONAL STATUS AND ATTRACTS INTERNATIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT.
Should you encounter technical difficulties in submitting your application, please send an email with a precise description of the issue and/or a screenshot showing the problem to: HR Direct HRDirect@AFDB.ORG
To apply for this position, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries.
Applicants who fully meet the Bank's requirements and are considered for interview will be contacted. Only online applications submitted with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of the required degrees will be considered. The President, AfDB, reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. www.afdb.org
The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) does not ask for payments of any kind from applicants throughout the recruitment process (job application, CV review, interview meeting, and final processing of applications). In addition, the Bank does not request information on applicants’ bank accounts. The African Development Bank Group declines all responsibility for the fraudulent publications of job offers in its name or, in general, for the fraudulent use of its name in any way whatsoever.