- Position title: Regional information technology (IT) coordinator
- Grade: PL3
- Position N°: 50000326
- Reference: ADB/17/181
- Publication date: 11/05/2017
- Closing date: 01/06/2017
Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas (High 5’s), all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up, namely; energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa.
The Vice-Presidency, Human Resources and Corporate Services Complex ensures the delivery of efficient, people-centered, client-oriented, corporate services to ensure overall institutional effectiveness in all aspects of the Bank’s corporate services. The Complex leads efforts to ensure the competitiveness of the Bank as the employer of choice and is responsible for providing leadership in the formulation and implementation of Bank’s strategies on people, information technologies, general services and institutional procurements, language services, business continuity, and health and safety strategies.
THE HIRING DEPARTMENT/DIVISION:
The Corporate Information Technology Services Department is mandated by the Bank to deliver the best possible information technologies services for Bank staff, and help achieve the results that will get the Bank closer to accomplishing its development goals.
The role of the Front Office is to undertake all administrative and financial management aspects of running the Corporate Information Technology Services Department on a day-to-day basis, provide secretarial support, and lay down the Governance standards to be used on Programs and Projects undertaken by the Corporate Information Technology Services Department. It is also responsible for defining and validating project lifecycles, lifecycle checkpoints and ensuring that Program / Project Managers are adhering to them. It produces all reporting on project priorities, the management of the Corporate Information Technology Services Department project portfolio and all information for the Information Systems Steering Committee.
The Regional Information Technology Coordinator shall lead, manage, supervise, operate and ensure continual improvement of the information technology services in the respective regions. The incumbent will:
- Facilitate achievements of the goals of the new Development and Business Delivery Model with regard to both sectoral and operational activities by ensuring a well-managed, robust, efficient, innovative and high available IT service.
- Ensure delivery of high quality IT service and enable achieve customer satisfaction.
- Ensure that the IT infrastructure and services are aligned with the Bank’s business process need in the regional hubs and Field offices at all times.
- Ensure high team spirit and motivation within the Regional IT team.
Under the supervision of the Regional Information Technology Manager or Lead, the Regional Information Technology Coordinator will:
- Work closely with Director of the Region and other IT staff, both headquarters and field based, to develop overall strategy for ensuring optimal use and support of IT resources, both human and physical, in IRC field offices.
- Oversee the overall IT infrastructure and services in the regional hub and attached country offices.
- Supervise and lead the IT team in the regional hub and attached country offices
- Provide high level technical and coordination support to cater for speedy resolution of complex incidents and problems related to connectivity, applications access and unified communication services.
- Serve as a key IT regional point of contact for issues, service needs and delivery as well as act as an interface with Corporate IT services team in Head Quarters.
- Directly involve in maintenance and implementation of complex IT infrastructure components in the regional hub and attached country offices.
- Carry out regular need assessment and ensure the IT services respond to the business need at all times.
- Review and validate technical terms of reference and ensure that specific requirements are defined during procurement of IT services and goods.
- Provide inputs and validate procurement plan for IT services and goods.
- Participate in the IT strategy of the Bank.
- Ensure that IT resources are always available in the regional hub and attached country offices.
- Ensure that IT standards and policies in regional hub and attached country offices are aligned with the corporate one; and they are properly enforced and computer/IT devices users are trained to understand these policies and standards.
- Maintain strong relationship with external IT service provider and partners.
- Verify and confirm all work performed by 3rd parties in the regional hub and attached county offices; record and report non-performance accordingly.
- Monitor service performance for critical infrastructures services.
- Co-lead all ICT projects that are deployed in the regional hub and ensure that necessary communication and protocol are observed.
- Prepare IT related annual work plan and relevant budget.
- Contribute to the regional communication strategy and produce regular reports regarding the performance of the IT services and highlight deviations, propose and implement improvement plan and methods.
- Identify skill gaps and training requirements; plan and execute.
- Conduct internal IT service audit and users satisfaction survey and communicate results to all stakeholders.
- Manage all procurement contact and ensure that vendor are paid at time.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Hold at least a Master’s degree in Information Technology, Electrical/Telecommunications Engineering, Computer Science, and other related fields.
- Have a minimum of seven (7) years of relevant experience of working in design, implementation and operational management of ITC.
- Proven experience in implementing, managing, and operating ITC.
- Excellent knowledge of IT in Infrastructure, business, Application.
- Experience in providing good technical team leadership.
- Ability to represent technical and business issues and solutions.
- Entrepreneurial, focussed on delivering real benefits for customers.
- Focussed on delivering operational stability for customers, results driven.
- Sound skill in planning, designing, implementing and managing ITC.
- Good leadership and supervision skills.
- Positive attitude among staff toward technology utilization.
- Team building and conflict resolution skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Practical problem solver who adapts IT business tools to diverse operating needs.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, with a working knowledge of the other.
- Knowledge of standard Bank software: Excel, Word, Power Point, MS Project and SAP.
Information on the position:
The African Development Bank group has retained global career company ltd to assist with this appointment. to apply, please click on “apply” as displayed on the application page or access through the following link:
This position is classified international status and attracts international terms and conditions of employment.
Should you encounter technical difficulties in submitting your application, please send an email with a precise description of the issue and/or a screenshot showing the problem to: HR Direct HRDirect@AFDB.ORG
Applicants who fully meet the Bank's requirements and are considered for interview will be contacted. Only online applications submitted with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of the required degrees will be considered. The President, AfDB, reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. www.afdb.org
The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) does not ask for payments of any kind from applicants throughout the recruitment process (job application, CV review, interview meeting, and final processing of applications). In addition, the Bank does not request information on applicants’ bank accounts. The African Development Bank Group declines all responsibility for the fraudulent publications of job offers in its name or, in general, for the fraudulent use of its name in any way whatsoever.