WARNING AGAINST FRAUDULENT USE OF THE AFRICAN DEVELOPMENT BANK’S (AfDB) NAME Read more
Established in 1964, the African Development Bank (AfDB) is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas (High 5s), all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up, namely; energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa.
The President, plans, supervises and manages the business of the Bank Group. Under the direction of the Boards of Directors, the President conducts the business of the Bank and the African Development Fund and manages operations and activities in accordance with the Agreements establishing the ADB and the ADF. The President supervises several Departments and Units including Office of the President (PRST0); Independent Development Evaluation Department (BDEV); Integrity and Anti-Corruption Department (PIAC); Compliance Review and Mediation Unit (BCRM); Secretariat to the Sanctions Appeals Board (BSAB); Administrative Tribunal (BATR); Office of the Auditor General (PAGL); Group Risk Management Directorate (PGRM); General Counsel and Legal Services Department (PGCL); Communication and External Relations Department (PCER); Staff Integrity and Ethics Office (PETH) and Office of the Secretary General & General Secretariat(PSEG)
THE HIRING DEPARTMENT:
The African Development Bank’s Security Unit (PSEC) is a robust security function reporting to the President of the Bank. Deep global analytical capabilities combined with Africa wide security processes are in place in order to provide the full spectrum of security services to the Bank. Security Unit detects, deters and reacts to a broad range of risks spanning the security spectrum; physical; political, information and reputational risks around the globe are monitored closely to address the changing security dynamic. Our security requirements include risk analysis, training, coordination with outside actors and implementation of security programs at the strategic, operational and tactical levels.
The Security Agent assists in the implementation of security operations and all matters relating to the management of safety and security for AfDB in the Bank’s Head Quarter host country or in the region of assignment.
The SSA will fully support the PSEC Management in the execution of their security responsibilities at the assigned duty station and this includes acting in support of the collection, collation, analysis and dissemination of Security Threat Information relevant to AfDB PSEC with a primary focus on Armed Conflict, Terrorism, Civil Unrest, Crime and Hazards.
Under the supervision and guidance of the Head Of Security Unit, the Security Assistant will:
Information collation and analysis:
6. Ensure that access to the Bank’s facilities are made through the appropriate entrance through the supervision of agents and guards;
7. Ensure that exit from the Bank’s facilities are through the appropriate exits through the supervision of agents and guards;
8. Ensure that the Emergency Key and its Log Sheet are updated in a timely manner;
9. Control, organize and supervise access to facilities in collaboration with Bank staff other related third parties.
10. Approve visitor access requests
11. Contribute to Access Control Policies and Standards
12. Recommend initiatives/solutions to improve access control to the Bank’s premises
Facilities Monitoring and Control:
13. Coordinate building security checks to ensure that they are carried out as frequently as is required.
14. Liaise with the security guard company to ensure that services provided meet the Bank’s standards
15. Organize and control security for special events organized by the Bank;
16. Review periodic analysis based on information collected from access control equipment and make recommendations to improve the overall security posture of the Bank’s premises;
17. Contribute to the development of procedures and policies associated with security such as emergency procedures, Fire safety etc.
18. Observe areas immediately surrounding the Bank’s premises to identify threats. Recommend risk mitigation or prevention strategies for identified threats.
19. Implement measures prescribed to deter and detect fraudulent activities from inside or outside the Bank.
20. Report any security issues to PSEC Leadership for resolution.
21. Implement protective and preventive security measures against terrorist attacks as directed.
22. Collect information from victim(s) and provide immediate assistance as required
23. Review incident reports periodically to ensure that a high quality of records is maintained
24. Collaborate with external parties and partners in the management of incidents
25. Request the update of residential information on security databases as and when necessary
26. Conduct residential assessments and provide recommendations for improvement to staff member;
27. Lead the liaison with staff to ensure the implementation of Security improvements
28. Contribute to the development of methodologies for residential assessments
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
THIS POSITION DOES NOT ATTRACT INTERNATIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS (THE POST HOLDER WILL BE CONSIDERED AS A LOCAL STAFF AND WILL NOT HAVE INTERNATIONAL TERM AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT).
Should you encounter technical difficulties in submitting your application, please send an email with a precise description of the issue and/or a screenshot showing the problem to: HR Direct HRDirect@AFDB.ORG
To apply for this position, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries.
Applicants who fully meet the Bank's requirements and are considered for interview will be contacted. Only online applications submitted with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of the required degrees will be considered. The President, AfDB, reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. www.afdb.org
The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) does not ask for payments of any kind from applicants throughout the recruitment process (job application, CV review, interview meeting, and final processing of applications). In addition, the Bank does not request information on applicants’ bank accounts. The African Development Bank Group declines all responsibility for the fraudulent publications of job offers in its name or, in general, for the fraudulent use of its name in any way whatsoever.