WARNING AGAINST FRAUDULENT USE OF THE AFRICAN DEVELOPMENT BANK’S (AfDB) NAME Read more
Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas (High 5s), all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up, namely; energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa.
The Vice-Presidency, Human Resources and Corporate Services ensures the delivery of efficient, people-centered, client-oriented, corporate services to ensure overall institutional effectiveness in all aspects of the Bank’s corporate services. The complex leads efforts to ensure the competitiveness of the Bank as the employer of choice and is responsible for providing leadership in the formulation and implementation of Bank’s strategies on people, information technology, general services and institutional procurements, language services, business continuity and, health and safety strategies.
THE HIRING DEPARTMENT/DIVISION:
The role of the Human Resources Management department is to develop and execute a People Strategy, Policies, processes and practices which will enable the Bank to achieve its strategic Agenda. Core to the Human Resources Strategy will be the attraction, development, engagement, motivation and retention of a best-in-class workforce.
In order to create a truly transformed human resources work-way, the Human Resources Management department is structured around a triangular Model: Business Partnerships for strategy, client contracting and human resources delivery; Centers of Expertise/Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) for internal consulting, thought leadership, design, talent and staff development and training and best practice benchmarking; Human Resources Shared Services for transactional excellence and employees outreach. This new Human Resources Model will deliver a world-class employee life-cycle experience.
The Assessment Centre Assistant carries out administrative tasks at the Centre under the supervision
of the Recruitment Officer. He/she performs a variety of complex duties and provides specialized assistance to hiring units and applicants in the Assessment Centre; organizes and coordinates the activities and
daily operations of the Centre; assures compliance with recruitment policies and guidelines; prepares
and maintains records, reports and statistical data related to the assessment program.
Under the Supervision of the Recruitment Officer, the Assessment Centre Assistant will:
Coordination and Scheduling
1. Escort and brief participants to ensure their acclimatization to the layout of the Assessment Centre and the program.
2. Meet and greet candidates, panelist and assessors and escort them to ensure timely arrival to rooms where activities will take place.
3. Provide logistical support, including catering arrangement, name tags, room reservations, room set up as required by Assessment Centre Activity
4. Assist in the administration of test and scoring to ensure accurate, timely management of documentation including data collation and assuring data security.
5. Act as the focal point in the organization of Assessment Centre training and briefing including:
a. Logistical coordination of all Assessment Centre training materials
b. Drafting invitation emails to staff and potential Assessors and Panelists
c. Monitoring registration and attendance,
d. Work with e-learning consultant to ensure accurate data of trainings and availability of participants.
e. Schedule and communicate to candidates, panelists and assessors the various activities in the Assessment Centre (AC).
6. Organize, coordinate and oversee the day-to-day operations of the Assessment Centre,
including preparation of materials, photocopying, printing and scanning for inclusion in
various participant packs (e.g., schedules, curriculum vitas (CVs), vacancy notices (VNs), competencies, scoring sheets, questions, scenarios, case studies, etc.)
7. Prepare assessment or training rooms ensuring that the necessary supplies and materials are in place for various activities (e.g., writing test, group exercises, interviews, etc.).
8. Participate in briefings, role plays and other assessment activities, as and when requested
9. Contribute to review of materials and debriefs. Make recommendations for materials or
10. Support the Recruitment Officer in developing budgets and proposals for the assessment function; review past expenditures and projected needs for testing materials, supplies, and other items.
Reporting and data Management
11. Collect Assessment Centre scoring sheets from Panelists and Assessors and process the data
into a specific database
12. Ensure accurate candidate performance data is available for integration session
13. Capture the scores from the various Assessment Centre activities and input them into the database in preparation for the integration session
14. Maintain effective records and notetaking, including capturing highlights of discussions about each candidate's performance and areas for development. Confirm with Integrator before record is final.
15. Ensure accurate report is produced in a timely manner after the Assessment Centre
16. Archive Assessment Centre materials (scoring sheet, candidate written test answers, scores, report)
Appointment of candidates
17. Recommend successful candidate to hiring organizational unit
18. Make offer to candidates
19. Coordinate the appointment process and hand-over relevant file to HR administration
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
1. Hold at least a Bachelor's Degree or BAC+4 or Maîtrise or its equivalent in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or other related disciplines
2. Have a minimum of six (6) years of relevant practical working experience at levels of increasing responsibility, preferably in an international organization
3. A certification or training in learning design and implementation will be an added advantage
4. Practical experience in administration of knowledge and training is desirable.
5. Knowledge of recruitment processes and day-to-day operations and activities of Assessment Centres
6. Ability to effectively manage centre logistics and have good knowledge of budgeting and planning
7. Experience in financial and statistical recordkeeping techniques is an asset.
8. Have experience in interviewing techniques as well as test techniques
9. Strong sense of accountability and ownership;
10. Ability to work well with others in a team environment, and to obtain collaboration of internal and external partners and contacts;
11. Demonstrated leadership, end-to-end ownership, and the ability to manage in a matrix type diverse organization.
12. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to think strategically.
13. A high sense of initiative, enthusiasm and good team spirit, good organizational and
interpersonal skills are strongly desired
14. Candidate must have high level of integrity and confidentiality
15. Ability to adapt to a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment, and to complete tasks
independently with minimal supervision;
16. Ability to communicate effectively, build partnerships and influence at all levels of the
organization, including senior management, by providing appropriate and tailored information in a timely manner;
17. Ability to grasp and quickly learn internal systems with flexibility and adaptability to changing circumstances and the creativity in delivering solutions to business issues and problems.
18. Ability to deal with multiple tasks simultaneously and to identify and manage interdependencies;
19. Strong interpersonal and excellent written and verbal communication skills in order to deal with all levels of the client organization in a diverse, international institution structure.
20. Strong time management and organizational skills;
21. Communicate and write effectively in French or English, with a good working knowledge of the other language;
22. Competence in the use of standard Microsoft Office Suite applications; knowledge of SAP is an added advantage.
THIS POSITION DOES NOT ATTRACT INTERNATIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS (THE POST HOLDER WILL BE CONSIDERED AS A LOCAL STAFF AND WILL NOT HAVE INTERNATIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT)
Should you encounter technical difficulties in submitting your application, please send an email with a precise description of the issue and/or a screenshot showing the problem to: HR Direct HRDirect@AFDB.ORG
To apply for this position, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries.
Applicants who fully meet the Bank's requirements and are considered for interview will be contacted. Only online applications submitted with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of the required degrees will be considered. The President, AfDB, reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. www.afdb.org
The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) does not ask for payments of any kind from applicants throughout the recruitment process (job application, CV review, interview meeting, and final processing of applications). In addition, the Bank does not request information on applicants’ bank accounts. The African Development Bank Group declines all responsibility for the fraudulent publications of job offers in its name or, in general, for the fraudulent use of its name in any way whatsoever.