WARNING AGAINST FRAUDULENT USE OF THE AFRICAN DEVELOPMENT BANK’S (AfDB) NAME Read more
Established in 1964, the African Development Bank (AfDB) is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas (High 5s), all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up, namely; energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa. The Bank is seeking to build a management team that will lead the successful implementation of this vision.
The Vice-Presidency, Human Resources and Corporate Services (CHVP) ensures the delivery of efficient, people-centered, client-oriented, corporate services to ensure overall institutional effectiveness in all aspects of the Bank’s corporate services. The complex leads efforts to ensure the competitiveness of the Bank as the employer of choice and is responsible for providing leadership in the formulation and implementation of Bank’s strategies on people, IT, general services and institutional procurements, language services, business continuity and, health and safety strategies.
THE HIRING DEPARTMENT/DIVISION:
The role of the Human Resources Management department is to develop and execute a People Strategy, Policies, processes and practices which will enable the Bank to achieve its strategic Agenda. Core to the HR Strategy will be the attraction, development, engagement, motivation and retention of a best-in-class workforce.
In order to create a truly transformed HR work-way, CHHR department is structured around a triangular Model: Business Partnerships for strategy, client contracting and HR delivery, Centers of Expertise/Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) for internal consulting, thought leadership, design, talent and staff development and training and best practice benchmarking, HR Shared Services for transactional excellence and employees outreach. This new HR Model will deliver a world-class employee life-cycle experience.
Within the Human Resources Department (CHHR), HR Shared Services (CHHR.2) is responsible to the administration of employee, management of benefits, HR processes and data center.
The Senior HR Administration Assistant will be assigned to a moderate range of technical support assignments in HR administration. The incumbent will process transactions in HRIS to perform specialized tasks. S/he is responsible for carrying out administrative tasks related to HR administration and for assisting HR teams in providing statistics and data for decision support. The position holder works closely with the HR Administration Officer. Accountabilities are set for the HR activity in his/her area of responsibility - complex, field office or special contracts.
Under the immediate supervision of the HR Administration Officer, and the overall supervision of the Division Manager CHHR2, the incumbent will undertake the following Key Responsibilities:
A - Provide administrative support to Personal administration and HR processes by:
1. Preparing HR Administrative documents and decisions relating to regular and short term staff, Technical Assistants, Secondees, Project Staff and others. These documents include new staff appointment contracts, and contract renewals, staff promotions and any other work related to contract processing.
2. Maintaining templates and letters for staff separation, staff assumption of duty, transfers, promotions, contract renewals, confirmations, leave without pay and staff testimonials.
3. Ensuring, in liaison with Records section, that electronic and hard copy personnel files are up-to-date.
4. Monitoring staff probation periods and process staff confirmation.
5. Undertaking the maintenance of the contract renewals/probationary periods in the Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) systems.
6. Undertaking administration of staff dependents for new hires and update / changes by staff in liaise with HR Records section.
7. Assist staff members with administrative procedures for adoption.
8. Working with Shared Services teams, HR Benefits; HR Payroll; HR Master Data & HR Employee Help Desk in problem resolution and treatment of queries from employees.
9. Assisting in the administration of assumption of duty of Bank staff, Technical Assistants, Secondees, and Project Staff and also the administration of assumption of Staff transfers/Staff movements including Promotions, employment terminations.
10. Assisting in the process of reference checks for employees to verify a range of candidate information, including employment history, academic qualifications and security checks.
11. Collecting approval of individual HR action decided, update HR master data and follow up until completion.
12. Tracking staff movements within and without the Bank.
13. Maintaining and updating information on probation periods and fixed-term contracts of staff members.
14. Drafting statistics on recruitment, staff mobility, transfers and promotion.
B - Perform day-to-day office management duties and provide assistance to other colleagues in the accomplishment of Division tasks when required.
C - Participate to continuous business improvements and HRIS projects for automation.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
1. Hold at least a Bachelor’s degree and or its equivalent Human Resources Management, Information Systems, Business Management or other related disciplines.
2. Have a minimum of six (6) years of relevant practical working experience in progressive positions.
3. Good planning and monitoring skills will be highly desirable.
4. A relevant and practical experience in Human Resources Management, Staff and Legal counselling will be an asset.
5. Proactive, solution oriented individual, keen to resolve challenges through innovation.
6. Ability to implement continual improvement activities to processes, with a keen eye for detail.
7. Ability to multitask, meet strict deadlines and work under a pressure.
8. Ability to work independently and coordinate with peers and other HR experts in a multidisciplinary multicultural team.
9. Excellent levels of initiative, enthusiasm, team spirit and organizational and interpersonal skills.
10. Demonstrates tact and diplomacy in dealing with clients and other team members.
11. Operational effectiveness.
13. Problem solving.
14. Client orientation.
15. Team working and relations.
16. Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, preferably with a working knowledge of the other.
Good knowledge of the use of standard software (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and SAP). Good typing skills is highly desirable.
THIS POSITION DOES NOT ATTRACT INTERNATIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS (THE POST HOLDER WILL BE CONSIDERED AS A LOCAL STAFF AND WILL NOT HAVE INTERNATIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT).
Should you encounter technical difficulties in submitting your application, please send an email with a precise description of the issue and/or a screenshot showing the problem to: HR Direct HRDirect@AFDB.ORG
To apply for this position, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries.
Applicants who fully meet the Bank's requirements and are considered for interview will be contacted. Only online applications submitted with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of the required degrees will be considered. The President, AfDB, reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. www.afdb.org
The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) does not ask for payments of any kind from applicants throughout the recruitment process (job application, CV review, interview meeting, and final processing of applications). In addition, the Bank does not request information on applicants’ bank accounts. The African Development Bank Group declines all responsibility for the fraudulent publications of job offers in its name or, in general, for the fraudulent use of its name in any way whatsoever.