Senior HR Big Data and Productivity Analyst
- Position title: Senior HR Big Data and Productivity Analyst
- Grade: PL5
- Position N°: 50069138
- Reference: ADB/17/254
- Publication date: 13/06/2017
- Closing date: 28/06/2017
Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas (High 5s), all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up, namely; energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa.
The Vice-Presidency, Human Resources and Corporate Services Complex ensures the delivery of efficient, people-centered, client-oriented, corporate services to ensure overall institutional effectiveness in all aspects of the Bank’s corporate services. The Complex leads efforts to ensure the competitiveness of the Bank as the employer of choice and is responsible for providing leadership in the formulation and implementation of Bank’s strategies on people, IT, general services and institutional procurements, language services, business continuity, and health and safety strategies.
THE HIRING DEPARTMENT:
The role of the Human Resources Management Department is to develop and implement Human Resource Management policies and strategies that enable the Bank to attract, recruit, develop, retain and maintain a high quality, performing and productive workforce. In order to create a truly transformed HR structure, the Human Resources Management Department is structured around a triangular Model: Business Partnerships for strategy, client contracting and HR delivery, Centers of Expertise/ Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) for internal consulting, thought leadership, design, talent and staff development and training and best practice benchmarking, HR Shared Services for transactional excellence and employees outreach all in alignment to enable the Bank to be an ‘Employer of Choice’.
The HR Big Data and Productivity Analyst will develop, create, review, analyze and calculate Human Resources historical and statistical data on all aspects of staffing, recruitment, separations and reports to be used by HR Management and Senior Management in order to improve Human Resources Policy, Staffing, Budget Planning and HR productivity, and to address the Bank’s People Strategy.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the supervision and guidance of the Director Human Resources Management Department and the HR Lead Operations Officer, the HR Big Data and Productivity Analyst will:
1. Support the Human Resources function in the arears of people metrics, reporting and advanced predictive analytics.
2. Responsible for the design and maintenance of HR analytics.
3. Responsible for the design and implementation of employee self–service reporting tools and data management that reflects the complexity of multiple separate and unique networks for both consistent and inconsistent business.
4. Assist in the preparation of Human Resources metrics and dashboard approved by Senior Management and presented to the Board.
5. Monitor HR Metrics by analyzing huge data and issue appropriate reports and recommendations to HR management.
6. Create, analyze and revise statistical and comparative tables for staff acquisition, staff training and development, talent management, staff relations, staff movement etc. for all categories of staff in the Bank; compile and maintain statistical records on HR integrated action plans.
7. Perform analysis of big data on compensation and benefits, staffing ratios, succession planning and case management.
8. Develop and revise historical and statistical tables of Bank staff distribution by geographical distribution (country, region,),gender, grade, department and skills mix in liaison with the HR Talent Management Team and extract specific data upon Management’s request.
9. Develop and review a detailed list of staff movements (departures, transfers/reassignments, promotion) by name, country, grade, function and reason.
10. Establish and maintain statistical records, data and cost analysis on Bank wide consultant contracting.
11. Extract data from various sources and develop analytical and statistical tables that reflect current recruitment status.
12. Produce monthly reports on recruitment activities and staffing situations based on analyzed data and identify areas of improvements in HR Reporting.
13. Undertake assigned special and or cross functional projects on HR reporting and data analysis activities
14. Review all staffing data provided by Human Resources Shared Services Master Data for the Bank’s annual report.
15. Develop training materials relating to HR reporting, IT applications and train users in liaison with Staff Development and Training Division and Corporate IT Services Department.
16. Undertake feasibility studies and requirements analysis to justify and support the development of new and enhanced reports or KPIs and contribute in the development of new enhancements/new functionality of the Human Resources Information System (HRIS)Assist, in planning, organizing and control of HR related reports or IT development projects, perform initial testing, change requests, enhancement assessments.
17. Lead the interpretation of Human Resources data to identify significant differences, relationships and trends, and report results of statistical analyses in the form of graphs, charts and tables.
18. Provide leadership in the identification and description of reporting requirements to make HR investment and talent management decisions and recommendations regarding the creation of analytical reports to achieve clients programs and business objectives for resources optimization.
19. Develop predictive models for attrition, high performance and recruiting demand.
20. Participate in defining the integrated HR Action Plans and initiatives and provide support to the Complexes and Regional Director Generals through Human Resources Business Partners and HR Operations Assistants.
21. In liaison with Human Resources Division Managers particularly Shared Services, ensures that HR processes, procedures and tools are in line with the Bank’s Development and Business Delivery Model, and further identify efficiency gaps, opportunities and participate in the design and the introduction of improvement programmes in order to reach and further exceed HR standards.
22. Maintain and nurture good communication within the HR Management front office and the rest of the team on matters relating to huge Data Analytics.
23. Ensure full compliance with the Bank's control and reporting procedures, inform the HR Director and HR Lead Operations Manager on the findings (current and anticipated) and propose solutions.
24. Develop and maintain appropriate benchmarks with other international organizations.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
1. Hold at least a Master’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Quantitative methods, Finance, Business Management, Information Technology/System or Mathematical field such as Statistics, Accounting, Operations Research, Actuarial Sciences, Applied Mathematics or related disciplines.
2. A professional qualification in Accounting, Statistics, and IT (SAP) or in Organizational Effectiveness will be an added value.
3. Have a minimum of 5 years of relevant practical working experience in a similar position with exposure to HR management integrated systems.
4. Experience in private sector environment, accounting or audit firm will be an added advantage.
5. Demonstrated ability to build complex statistical models needed to understand issues at a detailed level and forecast impact of change.
6. Strong quantitative and analytical skills as well as HR reporting knowledge.
7. Understanding of business insight, HR Strategy, knowledge of Administration and Organizational Management principles.
8. Ability to conceive and implemented HR Metrics.
9. Strong understanding of HR big data analysis and interpretation with ability to communicate - complex statistical concepts in simple written and verbal manner.
10. Ability to meet strict deadlines and work under pressure, ability to multi-task within a multidisciplinary and multicultural team.
11. A high sense of initiative, enthusiasm, good team spirit, good organizational and interpersonal skills are strongly desired.
12. Excellent knowledge and a good mastery of spread sheets, database software and related tools.
13. Strong analytical and accuracy skills, proactive in implementing controls and verification activities.
14. Strong, enthusiasm, ability to take initiative and manage innovations and change.
15. Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, preferably with a working knowledge of the other language.
16. Good knowledge of the use of standard software (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and web tools).
17. Knowledge of SAP or other IT systems used the Bank will be an added advantage.
INFORMATION ON THE POSITION:
THE AFRICAN DEVELOPMENT BANK GROUP HAS RETAINED CA GLOBAL HEADHUNTERS (PTY) LTD TO ASSIST WITH THIS APPOINTMENT. TO APPLY, PLEASE SEND A CONCISE CV TOGETHER WITH THE APPLICATION FORM HIGHLIGHTING YOUR EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS AGAINST THE REQUIREMENTS OF THE ROLE, TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE QUOTE THE ROLE TITLE AND ASSIGNMENT CODE RBDB041 IN THE SUBJECT HEADING OF THE EMAIL.
TELEPHONE: +27 (0) 21 659 9200
THIS POSITION IS CLASSIFIED INTERNATIONAL STATUS AND ATTRACTS INTERNATIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Should you encounter technical difficulties in submitting your application, please send an email with a precise description of the issue and/or a screenshot showing the problem to: HR Direct HRDirect@AFDB.ORG
Applicants who fully meet the Bank's requirements and are considered for interview will be contacted. Only online applications submitted with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of the required degrees will be considered. The President, AfDB, reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. www.afdb.org
The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) does not ask for payments of any kind from applicants throughout the recruitment process (job application, CV review, interview meeting, and final processing of applications). In addition, the Bank does not request information on applicants’ bank accounts. The African Development Bank Group declines all responsibility for the fraudulent publications of job offers in its name or, in general, for the fraudulent use of its name in any way whatsoever.