WARNING AGAINST FRAUDULENT USE OF THE AFRICAN DEVELOPMENT BANK’S (AfDB) NAME Read more
Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas (High 5s), all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up, namely; energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa.
The President, plans, supervises and manages the business of the Bank Group. Under the direction of the Boards of Directors, the President conducts the business of the Bank and the African Development Fund and manages operations and activities in accordance with the Agreements establishing the ADB and the ADF. The President supervises several Departments and Units including Office of the President (PRST0); Independent Development Evaluation Department (BDEV); Integrity and Anti-Corruption Department (PIAC); Compliance Review and Mediation Unit (BCRM); Secretariat to the Sanctions Appeals Board (BSAB); Administrative Tribunal (BATR); Office of the Auditor General (PAGL); Group Risk Management Directorate (PGRM); General Counsel and Legal Services Department (PGCL); Communication and External Relations Department (PCER); Staff Integrity and Ethics Office (PETH) and Office of the Secretary General & General Secretariat(PSEG).
THE HIRING DEPARTMENT/DIVISON:
The Credit Risk Division is within the broad mandate of Risk Management Department (GCRO) which assesses Sovereign and Non-Sovereign Credit Risks, measure their impact on the Bank’s risk bearing capacity and propose risk mitigation techniques. The department develops policies and guidelines, methodologies and systems relating to credit risk assessment and management for the Bank as well as ensures internal consistency of all Bank’s credit risk policies and guidelines including those initiated and developed by other Departments. The department also monitors and reports on compliance with credit policies.
The main objectives of the Senior IT Specialist Risk Officer is to ensure that the Department has up to date technical tools and maintain the integrated risk platform.
The incumbent develops and implements the risk assessment, analysis and rating work flow systems and procedures supported by the relevant guidelines and also assess existing risk management capabilities, investigating and suggesting procurement proposals for the new tools to increase the efficiency of internal processes and models.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief Risk Infrastructure Officer, the Senior IT Specialist Risk Officer has the following responsibilities:
1. develop ad hoc applications when necessary to comply with new requirement pertaining to Credit Risk Management
2. Supervise the monitoring and day-to-day use of the credit risk platform , the integrity of information data in the systems, and ensure that daily operations procedures are followed;
3. Provide support on key systems used in the Department;
4. Respond to queries and reporting requirements of Credit Risk Officers and;
5. Identify users training requirements and organize training sessions.
1. Liaise with the Corporate Information Management and Methods Department (CHIS) to ensure adequate technical support on Credit Risk systems for project implementation activities, customization, back-up and batch processing, system security and database maintenance;
2. Interact with CHIS to evaluate hardware and software requirements;
3. Initiate and develop proposals for the acquisition of new information systems and information services for Credit Risk Management activities;
4. Liaise with Credit systems suppliers and data service providers if necessary to ensure adequate maintenance, technical support and smooth running of their services;
5. Work with technical specialists of software suppliers to resolve complex programming and configurations problems.
1. Produce software requirements specifications and prepare design specifications including data structure definition in conformity with CHIS standards;
2. Participate in the implementation of Credit systems, in collaboration with CHIS in order to improve transactions processing, control framework and the decision-making process;
3. Analyze client server systems, develop feasibility studies, and design application software to support Credit Risk Officers requirements.
4. Make recommendations on Credit Risk activities workflows based on systems functionalities and best market practices.
1. Define and document security and disaster recovery requirements for Credit Risk Management activities;
2. Provide budget figures for Credit Risk Infrastructure information service;
3. Prepare technical and user documentation, information memoranda and project related reports.
4. Participate in the development of IT platforms for managing credit risk and risk of financial products.
5. Maintain and update technical infrastructure, data bases and process documentation.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
1. Hold at least a Master’s degree, Master degree or equivalent in Risk Management, International Banking or Economics.
2. Have a minimum of five (5) years of experience are preferred, especially those with experience in risk management and information technology.
3. Relevant practical working experience in Information technology and data analysis.
4. Having private sector experience will be an added advantage.
5. Problem-solving and decision-making skills, with the ability to analyze complex information to identify the key issue/action and drive resolution.
6. Considerable knowledge and experience of best practice risk management.
7. High degree of personal commitment, interpersonal skills with clear strategic vision and proven communication, leadership, management and supervisory skills.
8. Strong process orientation – A strong understanding of processes and core management activities.
9. Hands-on experience of Information Technology and risk assessment.
10. Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, preferably with a working knowledge of the other.
11. Competence in the use of standard Microsoft Office Suite applications; knowledge of SAP is an added advantage.
INFORMATION ON THE POSITION:
THIS POSITION IS CLASSIFIED INTERNATIONAL STATUS AND ATTRACTS INTERNATIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Should you encounter technical difficulties in submitting your application, please send an email with a precise description of the issue and/or a screenshot showing the problem to: HR Direct HRDirect@AFDB.ORG
To apply for this position, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries.
Applicants who fully meet the Bank's requirements and are considered for interview will be contacted. Only online applications submitted with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of the required degrees will be considered. The President, AfDB, reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. www.afdb.org
The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) does not ask for payments of any kind from applicants throughout the recruitment process (job application, CV review, interview meeting, and final processing of applications). In addition, the Bank does not request information on applicants’ bank accounts. The African Development Bank Group declines all responsibility for the fraudulent publications of job offers in its name or, in general, for the fraudulent use of its name in any way whatsoever.