WARNING AGAINST FRAUDULENT USE OF THE AFRICAN DEVELOPMENT BANK’S (AfDB) NAME Read more
Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas, all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up, namely; energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa
The President, plans, supervises and manages the business of the Bank Group. Under the direction of the Boards of Directors, the President conducts the business of the Bank and the African Development Fund and manages operations and activities in accordance with the Agreements establishing the African Development Bank and the African Development Fund. The President supervises several Departments and Units including Office of the President ; Independent Development Evaluation Department ; Integrity and Anti-Corruption Department; Compliance Review and Mediation Unit ; Secretariat to the Sanctions Appeals Board ; Administrative Tribunal ; Office of the Auditor General ; Group Risk Management Directorate; General Counsel and Legal Services Department ; Communication and External Relations Department ; Staff Integrity and Ethics Office and Office of the Secretary General & General Secretariat.
THE HIRING DEPARTMENT:
The Risk Management Department (PGRF) develops policies and guidelines, methodologies and systems relating to credit risk assessment, market Risk and Operational Risk and as well as ensures internal consistency of all of the Bank’s risk management policies and guidelines, including those initiated and developed by other departments. The department main mandate is to safeguard the Bank’s financial integrity and consolidate all core risk management activities of the Bank in order to exercise comprehensive oversight over the Bank’s risk exposure. In delivering its mission, PGRF focuses largely on promoting the Bank Group’s strategic goals within a defined risk tolerance framework.
The Senior IT Specialist Risk Officer is to ensure that the Department has up to date technical tools and maintain the integrated risk platform.
Under the supervision and guidance of the Chief Risk Infrastructure Officer, the Senior IT Specialist Risk Officer will:
1. develop ad hoc applications when necessary to comply with new requirement pertaining to Credit Risk Management
2. Supervise the monitoring and day-to-day use of the credit risk platform, the integrity of information data in the systems, and ensure that daily operations procedures are followed;
3. Provide support on key systems used in the Department;
4. Respond to queries and reporting requirements of Credit Risk Officers and;
5. Identify users training requirements and organize training sessions.
6. Liaise with the IT Department (CHIS) to ensure adequate technical support on Risk Management systems for project implementation activities, customization, back-up and batch processing, system security and database maintenance;
7. Interact with CHIS to evaluate hardware and software requirements;
8. Initiate and develop proposals for the acquisition of new information systems and information services for Credit Risk Management activities;
9. Liaise with Credit systems suppliers and data service providers if necessary to ensure adequate maintenance, technical support and smooth running of their services;
10. Work with technical specialists of software suppliers to resolve complex programming and configurations problems.
11. Produce software requirements specifications and prepare design specifications including data structure definition in conformity with CHIS standards;
12. Participate in the implementation of Risk Management systems, in collaboration with CHIS in order to improve transactions processing, control framework and the decision-making process;
13. Analyze client server systems, develop feasibility studies, and design application software to support Credit Risk Officers requirements.
14. Make recommendations on Credit Risk activities workflows based on systems functionalities and best market practices.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
1. Hold at least a Master’s degree or equivalent in Risk Management, International Banking or Economics or in computer science, software development or related business fields;
2. Have a minimum of five (5) years relevant professional experience with focus in risk management and information technology.
3. Relevant practical working experience in Information technology risk assessment and data analysis
4. Problem-solving and decision-making skills, with the ability to analyse complex information to identify the key issue/action and drive resolution
5. Considerable knowledge and experience of best practice risk management
6. Problem solving : Applies business knowledge to the resolution of problems and identifies solutions to the benefit of the client (internal and external) and the organization
7. Communication: Provides clear and concise oral and written communication; presents oral information with clarity and appropriate style and adapts language and style to suit the requirements of a particular audience.
8. Operational effectiveness :The Commitment to ensure that full use is made of the systems, procedures and culture within the organization in order to deliver the required results
9. Innovation & Creativity: The commitment to search for and produce innovative and creative approaches to activities in order to enhance performance and create added benefits to the Bank and its clients.
10. Teamwork & Relationships: Works with others to maximize the effectiveness of the team as a whole, sharing the knowledge and workload. Develops strong working relationships with colleagues and contributes to creation of a positive team environment.
11. Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, preferably with a working knowledge of the other;
1. In-depth knowledge on relationship databases (ACCESS, MYSQL, SQL Server 2010 and up, ORACLE), SharePoint and Technical and functional knowledge on ERP and Decision Management Systems
2. Mastering of IDE / development tools: Visual Studio; .NET technology and other programming languages
3. Conversant with Open Source Development Tools and proficiency in developing Applications.
4. Competence in the use of standard Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, Access and Power Point); knowledge of SAP (or other integrated document management system or quantitative and qualitative data analysis packages is an added advantage
THIS POSITION IS CLASSIFIED INTERNATIONAL STATUS AND ATTRACTS INTERNATIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT.
Should you encounter technical difficulties in submitting your application, please send an email with a precise description of the issue and/or a screenshot showing the problem to: HR Direct HRDirect@AFDB.ORG
To apply for this position, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries.
Applicants who fully meet the Bank's requirements and are considered for interview will be contacted. Only online applications submitted with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of the required degrees will be considered. The President, AfDB, reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. www.afdb.org
The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) does not ask for payments of any kind from applicants throughout the recruitment process (job application, CV review, interview meeting, and final processing of applications). In addition, the Bank does not request information on applicants’ bank accounts. The African Development Bank Group declines all responsibility for the fraudulent publications of job offers in its name or, in general, for the fraudulent use of its name in any way whatsoever.