- Position title: Senior system analyst
- Grade: PL5
- Position N°: 50050176
- Reference: ADB/17/207
- Publication date: 18/05/2017
- Closing date: 09/06/2017
- Country: Côte d’Ivoire
Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas (High 5’s), all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up, namely; energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa. The Bank is seeking to build a management team that will lead the successful implementation of this vision.
The Vice-Presidency, Human Resources and Corporate Services Complex ensures the delivery of efficient, people-centered, client-oriented, corporate services to ensure overall institutional effectiveness in all aspects of the Bank’s corporate services. The Complex leads efforts to ensure the competitiveness of the Bank as the employer of choice and is responsible for providing leadership in the formulation and implementation of Bank’s strategies on people, Information Technology, general services and institutional procurements, language services, business continuity, and health and safety strategies.
THE HIRING DEPARTMENT/DIVISION:
The Corporate Information Technology Services Department is mandated by the Bank to deliver the best possible Information Technology services for Bank staff, and help achieve the results that will get the Bank closer to accomplishing its development goals.
The Business Solutions Development & Maintenance Division is one of the Divisions of the Corporate Information Technology Services department. It is in charge of the design, development, and maintenance of IT solutions/systems to support the Bank business needs. It is also responsible for managing overall Information Technology day-to-day operations relating to enterprise applications, improving performance and end-user satisfaction.
The Senior System Analyst places particular emphasis on the need to design, build and maintain effective Enterprise Resource Planning applications and system software; Maintain liaison with vendors and repair personnel to obtain required service.
The Senior System Analyst is responsible for performing functional analysis, requirements definition and Enterprise Resource Planning module configuration and testing. The job holder is also responsible for conducting prototypes development, developing functional specifications, data mapping, functions mapping, setting of configuration tables and setting of transaction/control tables.
Under the supervision of a Chief Corporate Application Services Business Solution Development and Maintenance and /or the Division Manager, the Senior System Analyst will:
- Produce high quality, signed-off business process flows and process controls and accompanying narrative / procedures.
- Build and agrees appropriate test strategies on a project-by-project basis, making re-use of previously proven good practices.
- Ensure that business processes are translated into effective and efficient business applications
- Enable the effective and efficient use and control of IT resources.
- Monitor quality of work produced by functional team, introducing improvements where required.
- Involved in security/authorization set-up, user documentation, data interface design, data migration and reconciliation.
- Act as the Test Lead on projects, ensuring testing is adequately scoped, performed and signed off.
- Work on multiple projects as a project team member, occasionally as a project leader.
- Identify and address business roadblocks to the deployment of solutions.
- Coach junior staff.
- Contribute to growth strategies and long-range planning.
- Lead the studies and requirements analysis, implement new or enhanced information systems.
- Supervise configuration changes to accommodate change requests, testing of problem fixes, enhancement assessments and make recommendations to CHIS management and to business users.
- Liaise with the CHIS Help Desk in organizing problem resolution and user support.
- Participate in release upgrade or new functionality/enhancement assessments. Keep abreast of software releases, enhancements/new functionality and perform application research.
- Interact with contract personnel to produce requirements and system documentation for software projects. Serve as Contracting Officer Technical Representative for assigned contract support services tasks.
- Provide specifications to developers or configurator.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Hold a minimum of a Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree in Engineering.
- Have a minimum of five (5) years’ experience as a Functional /Business / Systems Analyst.
- At least four years of relevant experience on Enterprise Resource Planning system, two of which are one SAP module practice such as SAP FI/CO, MM, HR, SRM, GM and BW, CML.
- Certification on SAP and / or other Enterprise Resource Planning modules would be an asset.
- Working experience in a similar financial multilateral institution would be an advantage.
- Experience with industry standard Systems Analysis tools and methods; i.e. Use cases, Activity Diagrams.
- Experience of Business Process Re-engineering and modelling.
- Experience of working in a large and complex organization.
- Understanding of relational databases, data storage, and SQL concepts.
- Ability to suggest better alternatives and flows to given requirements based on experience.
- Ability to use appropriate data structures and algorithms and come up with generic/object-oriented code that encapsulate aspects of the problem that are subject to change.
- Excellent knowledge of application configuration and development methods and disciplines
- Ability to work under pressure and hit deadlines.
- Problem solving skills: applies business knowledge to the resolution of problems and identifies solutions to the benefit of the client (internal and external) and the organization.
- Communicate and write effectively in French or English, with a good working knowledge of the other language.
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft Office Suite applications.
Information on the position:
The african development bank group has retained CA GLOBAL HEADHUNTERS (PTY) LTD to assist with this appointment. to apply, please send a concise cv together with the application form highlighting your experience and skills against the requirements of the role, to: email@example.com
please quote the job title and assignment code
RBDB024 in the subject heading of the email.
telephone: +27 (0) 21 659 9200
website: http://ww w.ca-finance.com/latest-jobs/
This position is classified international status and attracts international terms and conditions of employment.
Should you encounter technical difficulties in submitting your application, please send an email with a precise description of the issue and/or a screenshot showing the problem to: HR Direct HRDirect@AFDB.ORG
Applicants who fully meet the Bank's requirements and are considered for interview will be contacted. Only online applications submitted with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of the required degrees will be considered. The President, AfDB, reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. www.afdb.org
The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) does not ask for payments of any kind from applicants throughout the recruitment process (job application, CV review, interview meeting, and final processing of applications). In addition, the Bank does not request information on applicants’ bank accounts. The African Development Bank Group declines all responsibility for the fraudulent publications of job offers in its name or, in general, for the fraudulent use of its name in any way whatsoever.