- Position title: Senior Treasury Assistant
- Grade: GS8
- Position N°: 50000907
- Reference: ADB/17/530
- Publication date: 10/01/2018
- Closing date: 22/01/2018
- Country: Côte d’Ivoire
Established in 1964, the African Development Bank (AfDB) is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas, all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up, namely; energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa.
The Vice Presidency for Finance (FIVP) oversees the financial management of the Bank Group. This encompasses the Bank Group’s treasury activities including borrowings from the capital markets and investment activities; controllership functions including financial reporting and loan administration; strategic resource mobilization and the strengthening of the non-statutory financial resources and instruments; the overall asset/liability management for the Bank Group.
THE HIRING DEPARTMENT/DIVISION
The Treasury department is responsible for raising funds from capital markets, managing and investing the Bank Group’s liquidity and shareholders’ funds, processing and settlement of all financial transactions and managing the institution’s banking relationships.
Under the supervision of the Manager Treasury Operations Division (FITR.2) and the Treasury Officer head of Client Services & SWIFT (CSS) section, the Senior Treasury Assistant handles the settlement of administrative expenses, salaries, payment cards administration and develops post settlement activities by ensuring the timely and accurate resolution of investigations related to the transaction payments. The incumbent also handles OFAC/KYC/AML queries
The objective of the position of Senior Treasury Assistant is to provide services of payments such as prepaid cards, bank checks to staff members, consultants and suppliers of the Bank.
- Encash bank checks deposited at Cash Office in respect of various reimbursement of loans, insurance and/or other payments.
- Post in SAP receipts for all refunds made in the Banks’ current accounts for administrative expenses.
- Maintain the Bank’s vendor’s payment instructions in SAP database
- Handle payment cards
- Manage OFAC/KYC/AML investigations
The Senior Treasury Clerk will undertake the following functions;
1. CITIDIRECT Checks Processing
- Transfer the SAP downloaded text file which contains information about the checks that need to be issued by Citibank into the Citidirect Worldlink electronic/web system.
- Check the conformity of the information against the list of SAP payments.
- Import the file containing the checks request for the approval of the supervisor.
- Verify that all requests have been approved and released by the Supervisor as a control and compliance with the list of SAP payments.
- Receive checks from Citibank and verify that all the requested checks have been delivered and record.
- Distribute or release the printed bank checks to beneficiaries after verifying their identities or their representatives or Team assistants from CHGS or any other department.
- Assist the Supervisor in the follow-up treatment of cancellations of bank checks and checks sent on collection.
- Periodically report import and issuance of bank checks.
2. Process prepaid cards
- Input request for prepaid cards in the third-party banks card system as per the lists of payments approved by the Manager FITR2 or the Supervisor.
- Generate applications for prepaid cards and verify their compliance with the list of payment approved.
- Safeguard undelivered cards awaiting collection by the beneficiaries.
- Perform daily monitoring of the stock, analyze the volumes of consumption and determine empirically the timing and the volume of orders for prepaid cards.
3. Process payments received
- Receive the prepaid cards returned and bank checks issued by the staff for the Bank for a refund.
- Scan the checks, save in I-drive and post entry into SAP.
- Endorse the bank checks for encashment.
- Fill out bank deposit slips and bank the checks.
- Inform Cash Management of deposited checks for ease of identification and follow-up.
- Upon confirmation of credit from Cash Management, create the receipt in SAP
- Send the receipt by mail to the issuer of the checks and to CHHR/FIFC.
- Verify the amounts and card number and record data in an excel file and post in SAP.
- Propose to the supervisor to move funds from the card to the bank account
- Issue receipt if necessary for application of returned funds in SAP.
4. Process the SWIFT network Relationship Management Application (RMA)
- Prepare RMA messages
- Respond in a timely manner to requests from counterparty banks.
- Safe keep test keys and verify manually tested payment messages.
- Maintain the SWIFT RMA and Telex bilateral Keys database
5.Maintain the Bank vendor’s payment instructions in SAP database
- Receive and create in SAP, staff and suppliers payment details received from FIFC and CHHR.
- Ensure that account details and banks information comply with international standards and update vendor master records in SAP.
- Update the banks master records in SAP.
6.Handle OFAC/KYC/AML queries
- Check in GTMATCH and SWIFT the OFAC/KYC/AML request received from the correspondent
- Forward the request to the concerned department: FIFC/CHHR.
- Upon receive the requested information, prepare the response in GTMATCH and send it via SWIFT to the correspondent
- Follow up until the payment is released by the correspondent
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification in Finance, accounting
- 6 years’ relevant practical working experience
- Private Sector Experience an added advantage
- Understanding of payment processing especially Swift messages
- Demonstrable understanding and application of accounting principles
- Strong Numerical and Analytical skills.
- Posse marketing and presentation skills to communicate with stakeholders
- Client orientation: Ability to ensure that the client is considered to be of primary importance in all transactions and interactions. Strive to understand, and when appropriate, anticipate client needs, and ensure that the client receives the best possible service from the Bank.
- Team work and relationship: Ability to work with others to maximize the effectiveness of the team as a whole, sharing the knowledge and workload. Develops strong working relationships with colleagues and contributes to creation of a positive team environment
- Problem solving: Ability to apply business knowledge to the resolution of problems and identify solutions to the benefit of the client (internal and external) and the organization.
- Good written and verbal communication in English or French and preferably, a working knowledge of the other language.
- Microsoft Office (word, excel, PowerPoint etc.). Knowledge of SAP/FI or other ERP, Cards management, SWIFT, GTMATCH.
This Position does not attract international Terms and Conditions of Employment. (Incumbents of the Position will be considered as Local Staff and will not have International Status).
To apply for this position, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries.
Applicants who fully meet the Bank's requirements and are considered for interview will be contacted. Only online applications submitted with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of the required degrees will be considered. The President, AfDB, reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. www.afdb.org
The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) does not ask for payments of any kind from applicants throughout the recruitment process (job application, CV review, interview meeting, and final processing of applications). In addition, the Bank does not request information on applicants’ bank accounts. The African Development Bank Group declines all responsibility for the fraudulent publications of job offers in its name or, in general, for the fraudulent use of its name in any way whatsoever.