WARNING AGAINST FRAUDULENT USE OF THE AFRICAN DEVELOPMENT BANK’S (AfDB) NAME Read more
Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas, all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up, namely; energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa.
The Vice-Presidency for Finance oversees the financial management of the Bank Group. This encompasses the Bank Group’s treasury activities including borrowings from the capital markets and investment activities; controllership functions including financial reporting and loan administration; strategic resource mobilization and the strengthening of the non-statutory financial resources and instruments; the overall asset/liability management for the Bank Group.
THE HIRING DEPARTMENT/DIVISION:
The overall objective of the Financial Management Department is to safeguard and improve the Bank Group’s risk bearing capacity while looking to optimize efficiency to benefit clients, shareholders and staff.
The role of the Treasury Risk Management Division is the management and reporting of treasury risk and the oversight of treasury activities that enable the Bank to make informed and profitable investment and borrowing decisions thereby preserving capital, optimizing profitability and maintaining a strong credit rating. The Division’s objectives are to:
1. Identify, measure, monitor and mitigate market and credit risks in the Bank’s Treasury operations;
2. Ensure the timely reporting of the Treasury Department’s borrowing and investment activities;
3. Build an efficient control framework to ensure the adherence to the Bank’s policies, Assets and Liabilities Management (ALM) guidelines and to International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS);
4. Provide efficient information systems and analytical support tools to the Treasury Department to improve the decision-making process.
Under the supervision of the Division Manager, the Senior Treasury Risk Officer is responsible for compliance monitoring and risk reporting of treasury activities, market and counterparty credit risk exposures and the provision of related treasury risk expertise in support of the overall risk management activities if the Bank Group.
The Senior Treasury Risk Officer will:
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
1. Hold at least a Master's degree or its equivalent in Business Administration, Finance, Banking.
2. Professional certification in Risk and/or Finance such as Financial Risk Manager (FRM), Professional Risk Manager (PRM), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or Certificate in Quantitative Finance (CQF) will be an advantage.
3. Have a minimum of five (5) years of relevant professional experience in International Financial Institutions or Investment Banks, with a large scope of treasury or fixed income activities. Working experience in Fixed Income and Derivatives front-office, middle-office or risk management departments will be an advantage.
4. Having private sector experience will be an added advantage.
5. Communication; Client orientation; Team working and relationships; Operational effectiveness.
6. Analytical and numerical skills with a good eye for detail.
7. Ability to cope under pressure with strong planning and organization skills.
8. Demonstrated knowledge and experience of financial and/or risk reporting.
9. Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a multicultural team.
10. Proficient in use of standard MS Office software especially Excel.
11. Experience in using Summit, Bloomberg, Reuters, Numerix or MSCI Credit Manager software, as well as a knowledge of light programming or database languages like Excel VBA, SQL or C++ would be an advantage.
12. Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French preferably with a working knowledge of the other language.
THIS POSITION IS CLASSIFIED INTERNATIONAL STATUS AND ATTRACTS INTERNATIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT.
Should you encounter technical difficulties in submitting your application, please send an email with a precise description of the issue and/or a screenshot showing the problem to: HR Direct HRDirect@AFDB.ORG
To apply for this position, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries.
Applicants who fully meet the Bank's requirements and are considered for interview will be contacted. Only online applications submitted with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of the required degrees will be considered. The President, AfDB, reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. www.afdb.org
The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) does not ask for payments of any kind from applicants throughout the recruitment process (job application, CV review, interview meeting, and final processing of applications). In addition, the Bank does not request information on applicants’ bank accounts. The African Development Bank Group declines all responsibility for the fraudulent publications of job offers in its name or, in general, for the fraudulent use of its name in any way whatsoever.