WARNING AGAINST FRAUDULENT USE OF THE AFRICAN DEVELOPMENT BANK’S (AfDB) NAME Read more
Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas, all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up, namely; energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa. The Bank is seeking to build a management team that will lead the successful implementation of this vision.
The Vice Presidency for Finance (FIVP) oversees the financial management of the Bank Group. This encompasses the Bank Group’s treasury activities including borrowings from the capital markets and investment activities; controllership functions including financial reporting and loan administration; strategic resource mobilization and the strengthening of the non-statutory financial resources and instruments; the overall asset/liability management for the Bank Group.
THE HIRING DEPARTMENT:
The Treasury department is responsible for raising funds from capital markets, managing and investing the Bank Group’s liquidity and shareholders’ funds, processing and settlement of all financial transactions and managing the institution’s banking relationships.
Under the supervision of the Manager Treasury Operations Division (FITR.2) and the Treasury Officer head of Client Services & SWIFT (CSS) section, the Treasury Clerk will oversees the settlement of administrative expenses, salaries by ensuring the timely and accurate resolution of investigations related to the transaction payments.
The objective of this job is to provide services of payments such as prepaid cards, bank checks to staff members, consultants and suppliers of the Bank.
The Treasury Clerk will undertake the following functions;
1 CITIDIRECT Checks Processing
2 Manage payments received
3 Maintain the Bank vendor’s payment instructions in SAP database
4 Manage investigation related to salaries, pensions, administrative expenses and disbursements
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
1. Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification in Finance, accounting
2. 4 years’ experience of relevant practical working experience
3. Private Sector experience an added advantage
4. Understanding of payment processing especially Swift messages
5. Numerical and Analytical abilities
6. Demonstrable understanding of Finance and Accounting Principles
7. Client orientation: Ability to ensure that the client is considered to be of primary importance in all transactions and interactions. Strive to understand, and when appropriate, anticipate client needs, and ensure that the client receives the best possible service from the Bank.
8. Team work and relationship: Ability to work with others to maximize the effectiveness of the team as a whole, sharing the knowledge and workload. Develops strong working relationships with colleagues and contributes to creation of a positive team environment
9. Problem solving: Ability to apply business knowledge to the resolution of problems and identify solutions to the benefit of the client (internal and external) and the organization.
10. Good written and verbal communication in English or French and preferably, a working knowledge of the other language.
11. Microsoft Office (word, excel, PowerPoint etc.). Knowledge of SAP/FI or other ERP, Cards management, SWIFT, GTMATCH or other IT reconciliation tool are an added advantage.
THIS POSITION DOES NOT ATTRACT INTERNATIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS (THE POST HOLDER WILL BE CONSIDERED AS A LOCAL STAFF AND WILL NOT HAVE INTERNATIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT).
Should you encounter technical difficulties in submitting your application, please send an email with a precise description of the issue and/or a screenshot showing the problem to: HR Direct HRDirect@AFDB.ORG
To apply for this position, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries.
Applicants who fully meet the Bank's requirements and are considered for interview will be contacted. Only online applications submitted with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of the required degrees will be considered. The President, AfDB, reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. www.afdb.org
The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) does not ask for payments of any kind from applicants throughout the recruitment process (job application, CV review, interview meeting, and final processing of applications). In addition, the Bank does not request information on applicants’ bank accounts. The African Development Bank Group declines all responsibility for the fraudulent publications of job offers in its name or, in general, for the fraudulent use of its name in any way whatsoever.