WARNING AGAINST FRAUDULENT USE OF THE AFRICAN DEVELOPMENT BANK’S (AfDB) NAME Read more
Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas (High 5s), all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up, namely; energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa.
The Vice-Presidency, Human Resources and Corporate Services ensures the delivery of efficient, people-centered, client-oriented, corporate services to ensure overall institutional effectiveness in all aspects of the Bank’s corporate services. The complex leads efforts to ensure the competitiveness of the Bank as the employer of choice and is responsible for providing leadership in the formulation and implementation of Bank’s strategies on people, information technology, general services and institutional procurements, language services, business continuity and, health and safety strategies.
THE HIRING DEPARTMENT/DIVISION:
The Corporate Information Technology Services Department’s mission at the Bank is to align the Information Technology (IT) delivery strategy along with the Bank’s business strategy to increase the organizational effectiveness through efficient use of the Information Systems.
Under the leadership of the African Development Bank’s Information Systems Director, the Information Technology Systems Department is mandated by the Bank to deliver best possible Information Technology (IT) services for Bank Staff, and help achieve the results that gets the Bank closer to accomplishing its poverty reduction goals in Africa.
The Unified Communication Engineer purpose is to be responsible for the implementation, operation and on-going development of unified communication infrastructure and services to support the requirements and strategy of the Bank’s business.
The other objective is to be responsible for the coordination and supervision of the Unified Communication team to provide high quality business services with a strong collaborative team ethic, both within the team and with the wider CHIS team.
The key duties and responsibilities of Unified Communication Engineer are to:
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
1. Hold at least a Master's degree in Computer Science, telecommunications or similar field.
2. Have a minimum of four (4) years of relevant experience in Unified Communications project implementation and operations.
3. Professional Certificate in ITIL/Project Management.
4. Microsoft Skype for Business and Polycom Certified.
5. Working knowledge at Voice and Video standards: SIP, H323, MGW, SBC, ISDN/ PSTN lines configuration and GSM-Gateway, Cisco Voice Gateways/Skype for Business/ VoIP/ Windows/Linux Server operating system environment, implementation and support.
6. Working knowledge of network function virtualization, network automation, data center virtualization and firewalls.
7. Proven experience in Polycom Real Presence and Skype for Business project management, implementation and operation.
8. Dynamic and self-motivated to provide better services to the users
9. Proven experience in configuration and troubleshooting VoIP and video standards, essentially SIP, SDP, H323, RTP, RTCP, TLS Experience in designing and implementing IT Services
10. Ability to build and maintain rapport with all users at different levels of the organisation, across Complexes, Divisions and Departments.
11. Excellent interpersonal skills coupled with a collaborative style
12. Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills; ability to triage effectively under pressure.
13. Good organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
14. Ability to work effectively both independently and within a team.
15. Have the ability to effectively transfer and exchange information.
16. Have the ability to develop work plan, define priorities and monitor work progress.
17. Effective communication (written and oral) in French or English, preferably with a good working knowledge of the other language
18. Competences in the use of standard technology packages and Bank's standard software (word, excel, outlook, Power Point, MS Projects, etc...) and SQL database, Python, Linux Operating Systems
To apply for this position, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries.
Applicants who fully meet the Bank's requirements and are considered for interview will be contacted. Only online applications submitted with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of the required degrees will be considered. The President, AfDB, reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. www.afdb.org
The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) does not ask for payments of any kind from applicants throughout the recruitment process (job application, CV review, interview meeting, and final processing of applications). In addition, the Bank does not request information on applicants’ bank accounts. The African Development Bank Group declines all responsibility for the fraudulent publications of job offers in its name or, in general, for the fraudulent use of its name in any way whatsoever.