WARNING AGAINST FRAUDULENT USE OF THE AFRICAN DEVELOPMENT BANK’S (AfDB) NAME Read more
The terms and conditions of the short term appointment are stipulated in the letter of offer that will be signed by the new comer and succinctly highlights the following:
· The duration of the contract is for a minimum of 15 days and the duration of a short-term contract shall not exceed six (6) months;
· The minimum education qualification required is a Bachelor degree, Higher National Diploma (HND) or equivalent;
· For some specific positions, the minimum education qualifications required is Ordinary National Diploma (OND), Postgraduate Diploma or Certificate (PgD) or equivalent; and for some it is High School Diploma, e.g. driver, messenger.
· The relevant minimum experience required is 3 years and above. However, there are specified minimum years of relevant experience for each position and level. Experience in the fields of expertise concerned and in international organizations will be an asset.
· The first cumulative period of employment shall not exceed a total of thirty-six (36) months: the contract may be renewed essentially based on the performance evaluation and the need for such short term services.
· A short-term contract shall not be offered to any person who has any of the following relationships with a regular Bank staff member: father, mother, brother, sister, son, daughter and spouse.
PRIOR TO ASSUMPTION OF DUTY, the new short term staff will be required to provide the following:
· Copies of the relevant academic qualifications and professional certificates,
· Three (3) letters of recommendation,
· Certificate of good health delivered by a medical doctor,
· Residence and/or Work Permit where necessary,
· Valid certificate of nationality or other proof of nationality.
· Other relevant document required for your employment as short term staff.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The remuneration offered by the Bank is very competitive and is similar to the remuneration of regular staff in the general category of the Bank, carrying out similar duties, in terms of salaries.
For a minimum duration of one (1) month contract, Short term staff is entitled to 2 working days per month. One (1) calendar day sick leave per month.
Short term staff contracted for more than three months, will be entitled to contributory medical coverage, in accordance with terms and conditions negotiated by the Bank with medical insurance providers in the country of duty station.
The Bank guarantees insurance coverage against accidents occurring during the contract validity period.