- Mission & Strategy
- Contact Us
- Corporate Information
- Corporate Procurement
- Frequently asked questions
- Organisational Structure
You are here
The Bank is planning to recruit 60 interns in the year 2020. Thirty (30) interns will be recruited in Session I (to run from February 2020 through June 2020) and another thirty (30) in Session II (to run from June 2020 through December 2020).
Participants in the program are selected on a competitive basis, based on business needs of the Bank.
The following are the minimum requirements:
- Aged thirty (30) years and below by December 31,2019.
- Possess a bachelor’s degree and be enrolled in a master’s degree program or its equivalent in a recognized public or private institution of higher learning.
- Apply for an internship within one year of having obtained the master’s degree.
- Provide proof of enrollment from the university / professional institution/ school.
- Citizen of a member country of the African Development Bank.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, with a working knowledge of the other language.
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
In addition to the above selection criteria, preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate the following:
- Ability to leverage knowledge.
- Ability to share knowledge.
- Adaptability to multicultural settings.
- Good communication skills.
- Working knowledge of a third language that is relevant to the Bank's operations.
- Experience on projects that have a direct bearing on the mission of the Bank.
The Bank aims to select candidates with professional degrees in the following disciplines (based on the business needs):
- Power, Energy, Climate and Green Growth;
- Agriculture, Human and Social Development;
- Private Sector, Infrastructure and Industrialization;
- Economics, Statistics;
- Governance and Knowledge Management;
- Human Resources and Corporate Services: IT, Language Services, General Service & Procurement, HR Management;
- Audit, Anti-corruption;
- Communications & External Relations;
- Public Relations;
- Environmental and social assessment.