The Bank is planning to recruit 60 interns in 2019.
Participants in the program are selected on a competitive basis, based on the business needs of the Bank.
The following are the minimum requirements:
- Aged between eighteen (18) and thirty (30) years of age by December 31,2019
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree and be enrolled in a Master’s degree program or its equivalent in a recognized public or private institution of higher learning.
- Apply for an internship within one year of having obtained the Master’s degree.
- Provide proof of enrollment from the university/professional institution/school.
- Citizen of a member country of the African Development Bank.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, with a working knowledge of the other language.
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
In addition to the above selection criteria, preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate the following:
- Ability to leverage knowledge.
- Ability to share knowledge.
- Adaptability to multicultural settings.
- Good communication skills.
- Working knowledge of a third language that is relevant to the Bank’s operations.
- Experience on projects that have a direct bearing on the mission of the Bank.
The Bank aims to select candidates with professional degrees in the following disciplines (based on business needs):
- Power, Energy, Climate and Green Growth;
- Agriculture, Human and Social Development;
- Private Sector, Infrastructure and Industrialization;
- Economy, Statistics;
- Governance and Knowledge Management;
- Human Resources and Corporate Services: IT, Language Services, General Service & Procurement, HR Management;
- Audit, Risk Management and Anti-corruption;
- Communications & External Relations;
- Public Relations;
- Medical & Occupational Health Services