Terms and conditions
- Interns shall be responsible for their air travel (where applicable) as well as their upkeep.
- Interns shall be responsible for their medical insurance coverage, and for obtaining entry and residence visas in the host country of the Bank.
- The internship will be authorized only once for any candidate.
- Eligible interns will be provided with a monthly stipend.
- Interns may be authorized to participate in an official Bank's mission.
- Internships shall be performed either at the Bank's headquarters in Abidjan (Côte d'Ivoire) or in one of the Bank's external offices.
How to Apply: Online application
Application for admission to the AfDB Internship Program is an online process. If you are a first-time user of our online registration system, you will need to register before you can log in. You are advised to provide as much relevant information as possible.
Applicants with dual nationality are advised that the Bank recognizes only one nationality from a member country; as such, kindly indicate the nationality you wish to declare.
Kindly submit your online application on or before 30th May 2017 by midnight (GMT).
Due to the high volume of responses received, only electronic confirmations of receipt will be issued. If you do not hear from us by 31st July 2017, then your application would not have been considered for the first stage of the 2017 intake.
Offer of internship
Selected candidates will receive an official offer and are expected to start the Internship Program from 3rd July 2017. The selected candidates must submit a written acceptance of the offer via email within one week of notification or the offer will be proposed to the next candidate on the reserve list. Offers of internships are only valid for the same Program year. They will not be deferred to the following year.
The application checklist is meant to facilitate your application process.
- Register for an account
- Provide an email address (if possible add a second email address). Fill in the correct e-mail address since this will be the main means of communication with you.
- Provide the most current contact information.
- Complete application in a single session
- Answer all the questions - all questions marked with an asterisk (*) require an answer
- Complete phone number (country code + city code + number)
- Upload all of the following required documents (mandatory):
- Maximum two page Curriculum Vitae in Microsoft Word or PDF version.
- Copy of the school enrollment Certificate or the Master’s degree.
- Letter of Motivation.
- Recommendation Letter.
- All questions marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.