The following are the minimum requirements:
- Citizen of a regional or non-regional member country of the African Development Bank.
- 32 years of age or younger by 31st December, 2015.
- A Master’s degree or equivalent in Economics, Engineering, Social Sciences, International Development, Business Administration, Finance, or any discipline that is relevant to the business of the Bank, and with outstanding academic credentials.
- A least 3 years relevant work experience, preferably with a multi-disciplinary background.
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills; dynamism; results-orientation; and problem-solving capability.
- Demonstrated passion for development issues and a commitment to Africa.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and/or French with a working knowledge of the other language.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft operating systems (PowerPoint, Excel, and Visio)
- Willingness to operate from the Bank’s Headquarters and undertake country assignments.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Please note that under the European License-Masters-Doctorate (LMD) system, the “Maîtrise” is not equivalent to the current Master’s degree in the French education system. Accordingly, candidates who present equivalencies to the Master’s degree (in both the Anglo-Saxon and French systems), must provide written verification from the university or academic institution that confer the degree.
To be considered for the program, all applicants must have completed and obtained a Master’s degree or equivalent Academic Certificate by the time the vacancy announcement closes.
The YPP is a highly competitive program with a limited number of positions. The African Development Bank expects to recruit between 15 and 20 candidates in the above focus areas. In addition, preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate the following:
- Leadership potential.
- Ability to leverage knowledge.
- Ability to share knowledge and coach others.
- Adaptability to multicultural settings.
- Information Communication and Technology (ICT) skills.
- People management and administrative skills.
- Fiduciary Risks (i.e. Audit, Risk Management and Anti-Corruption) skills.
- Knowledge Management skills.
- Field experience on the continent and/or in other developing countries.
- Working knowledge of a third language that is relevant to the Bank’s operations.
List of Member countries:
54 countries in Africa (Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Dem. Rep. of Congo, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, South Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Zambia, Zimbabwe,) and 26 countries outside the continent (Argentina, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Korea, Kuwait, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom and United States of America.)