- Mission & Strategy
- Contact Us
- Corporate Information
- Corporate Procurement
- Frequently asked questions
- Organisational Structure
You are here
How to Apply
Please note that application for admission to the AfDB YPP is an online process. The YPP is highly competitive program and you are advised to provide as much relevant information as possible.
Applicants with dual nationality are advised that the Bank recognizes only one nationality from a member country; as such, kindly indicate the nationality you wish to declare.
Successful candidates from the selection process will be appointed YPs under their declared nationalities for the duration of the Program and any continuing contract with the Bank.
The application checklist is meant to facilitate your application experience.
- Provide an email address; and an alternative one. Fill in correct e-mail address since this will be the main means of communication
- Answer all the questions
- Provide the most current contact information. Ensure that you email us with updated data, should your contacts change during the recruitment process
- Complete phone number (country code + city code + number)
- Upload the following required documents (mandatory):
- Maximum two page Curriculum Vitae in Microsoft Word version.
- Copies of Academic Certificates/Transcripts.
- PhD Dissertation/Master’s Thesis topic (short summary), if applicable.
Kindly submit your online application before midnight (GMT) on the expiry date, November 30, 2019.
Due to the high volume of responses normally received, only electronic confirmations of receipt will be issued.
Offer of employment - Yes! You are the one we are looking for!
If selected you will receive an official offer in writing and are expected to report for duty.
You will be required to submit a written acceptance of the offer of appointment via email within two weeks of notification. Confirmation of the offer is subject to a satisfactory medical examination, verification of relevant educational and professional certificates, verification of academic and professional references and production of a valid certificate or other proof of nationality. Offers of appointment are only valid for the same recruitment year.
If a candidate does not accept our offer and wishes to join the Bank at a later date, they will have to apply for future programs or vacancies.