Quality Assurance & Results Dept (ORQR)
Established in July 2008, the Quality Assurance and Results Department (ORQR) of the African Development Bank Group aims to improve the quality, results focus and impact of the Bank’s operations. The Department leads corporate reforms in the areas of quality, compliance and results. It develops advocacy tools and engages in the design of new business processes. ORQR also supports Regional Member Countries in strengthening their capacity to manage for results.
The Department’s main objectives are:
- Improving the Bank Group’s ability to report on results and development effectiveness, including the publication of the Annual Development Effectiveness Review and of a series of thematic and country reviews.
- Strengthening the results-focus of the Bank Group operations and country strategies, including leading the delivery and revision of the corporate Results Measurement Framework.
- Developing and mainstreaming quality assurance tools throughout the operational cycles, including managing the Readiness Review process ensuring compliance of operations and strategy papers with Bank Group quality at entry standards.
- Supporting compliance with environmental and social safeguards of the Bank Group operations, including leading the categorization of operations according to environmental and social risks and ensuring mitigation plans are in place.
- Promoting gender equality and civil society engagement in Bank Group policies and operations, including leading the definition of policy frameworks for engagement and providing guidance to staff.
- Mainstreaming managing development results in Regional Member Countries, including providing support to regional and national communities of practitioners. ORQR hosts the Secretariat of the African Community of Practice on Managing for Development Results (AfCoP).
- 23/07/2018 - Africa Investment Forum: African Development Bank and partners to discuss key roles in accelerating Africa’s investment opportunities
- 20/07/2018 - Launch Ceremony of Tunisia Drone Project financed by KOAFEC Trust Fund
- 20/07/2018 - Une prise de participation de 20 millions d'euros de la Banque africaine de développement pour faire émerger des multinationales africaines