Country & Regional Programs & Policy
The Vice Presidency Operations I for Country & Regional Programs & Policy (ORVP) comprises eleven departments and two units:
- Nine Regional Departments;
- one department for Procurement & Fiduciary Services (ORPF);
- one department for Operational Resources and Policies (ORPC);
The nine regional departments are in charge of country strategy formulation as well as country portfolio programming and management. Through 27 field and national program offices, the Regional Departments strengthen the country dialogue and the donor coordination on the ground. Each head of the field offices (Resident Representatives) reports directly to one of the Regional Department heads (Regional Director).
The Procurement & Fiduciary Services Department formulates the Bank’s policy for procurement of goods, works and acquisition of consultancy services and financial management. It prepares and designs guidelines, manuals, standard bidding documents and procurement processes. Through its procurement division it is also directly involved in the application and monitoring of the Bank’s procurement policy. The second division of the department is in charge of financial management covering the assessment of the financial management systems and the capacity of Executing Agencies and Project Implementation Units.
Operational Resources & Policies (ORPC)
The Operational Resources and Policies Department is responsible for leading operational policy formulation, developing and upgrading operational guidelines, and coordinating operations programming and other business processes, based on the strategic priorities and mission of the Bank Group.
- 17/10/2017 - Africa holds the key for feeding 9 billion people by 2050, Adesina says during Norman Borlaug Lecture
- 17/10/2017 - Betting on Africa to Feed the World: Lecture Delivered by Dr. Akinwumi A. Adesina, PhD, President, African Development Bank, World Food Prize Laureate 2017, At Norman Borlaug Lecture at Iowa State University, Des Moines Iowa, USA, October 17, 2017
- 16/10/2017 - Policy reforms urgently required for increased private investment in agriculture and agribusiness in Africa, says Blanke