External Representation Office for Asia
The African Development Bank Group External Representation Office for Asia (ASRO) is the Bank’s first representation outside Africa, opened in Tokyo, Japan, on October 15th, 2012, to help strengthen, in Asia and the Pacific region, the Bank’s communication role on African development issues and promote business and investment opportunities in and with Africa.
The Bank has a long-standing and close relationship with its four Asian and non-regional member countries, which are China, India, Japan and the Republic of Korea. The ASRO is in charge of increasing the partnership that the AfDB has with these four countries.
Additionally, the ASRO plays a central role in sharing with Africa the lessons learnt from the Asian experience in development, enhancing the environment for Asian investments in Africa, and endeavoring to extend, in the future, the membership of the AfDB Group to other Asian countries.
- 09/08/2018 - Japanese Public and private entities show interest in Africa Investment Forum
- 27/07/2018 - Tunisia launches pilot project to use drones for data collection in agricultural sector
- 20/07/2018 - Launch Ceremony of Tunisia Drone Project financed by KOAFEC Trust Fund
- 04/06/2018 - Investing in smart technologies to power industrialization
- 01/06/2018 - African Development Bank leads on creating an Africa Financial Alliance for Climate Change
- 01/06/2018 - African Development Bank to provide US $7 million to Sudan for rural livelihoods’ adaptation to climate change in the Horn of Africa II