External Representation Office for Asia
The African Development Bank Group External Representation Office for Asia (ASRO) is the Bank’s first representation outside Africa, opened in Tokyo, Japan, on October 15th, 2012, to help strengthen, in Asia and the Pacific region, the Bank’s communication role on African development issues and promote business and investment opportunities in and with Africa.
The Bank has a long-standing and close relationship with its four Asian and non-regional member countries, which are China, India, Japan and the Republic of Korea. The ASRO is in charge of increasing the partnership that the AfDB has with these four countries.
Additionally, the ASRO plays a central role in sharing with Africa the lessons learnt from the Asian experience in development, enhancing the environment for Asian investments in Africa, and endeavoring to extend, in the future, the membership of the AfDB Group to other Asian countries.
- 06/11/2018 - African Development Bank to invest over US$ 500 million in New City Wide Inclusive Sanitation projects with support from Gates Foundation
- 06/11/2018 - African Development Bank Pre-TICAD7 Seminar on Investing in Africa
- 12/10/2018 - Revisiting the 53rd Annual Meetings of the African Development Bank: Key moments
- 04/10/2018 - Japan: African Development Bank promotes human capital and industrial development in Africa
- 18/09/2018 - Remarks by Dr. Akinwumi A. Adesina, President of the African Development Bank at the lunch meeting with the African Diplomatic Community in Tokyo, Japan - September 6, 2018
- 10/09/2018 - 14 September 2018 deadline for applications to Next African Global IT Leaders Program, spring 2019