AfDB and Other MDBs: Initiatives
The African Development Bank Group participates in global initiatives in the fight against corruption, fraud and other harmful practices.
The Agreement for Mutual Enforcement of Debarment Decisions marks an innovative coordinated effort against fraud, corruption and other misconduct in development projects. The Agreement, signed on 9th April 2010, allows leading multilateral development banks to mutually enforce each other’s debarment decisions for four sanctionable practices.
Consequently, where any of the participating institutions finds that an individual or entity has conducted corrupt, fraudulent, coercive or collusive practices, the other institutions can also refuse to do business with such party. The participating institutions are the African Development Bank Group, Asian Development Bank, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, Inter-American Development Bank and the World Bank Group.
Uniform Framework for Preventing and Combating Fraud and Corruption
The African Development Bank Group is a member of the Joint International Financial Institutions Anti-Corruption Task Force. Along with the Asian Development Bank, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, European Investment Bank Group, International Monetary Fund, Inter-American Development Bank Group and World Bank Group, the AfDB signed the Uniform Framework for Preventing and Combating Fraud and Corruption in September 2006. The Uniform Framework laid the foundation for a consistent and harmonized approach to fight corruption in the activities and operations of the leading international financial institutions. The AfDB has also adopted the International Financial Institutions Principles and Guidelines for Investigations.
- General Principles and Guidelines for Sanctions
- MDB Harmonized Principles on Treatment of Corporate Groups
- 25/07/2017 - Sudan: AfDB Takes the ‘Desert to Power Initiative’ to Sudan
- 24/07/2017 - President of Malagasy Republic visits AfDB headquarters
- 24/07/2017 - NEPAD Infrastructure Project Preparation Facility proposes regional information hub to stimulate investment in Africa
- 24/07/2017 - AfDB briefs Donors on its new strategy for Somalia and the status of the Multi-Partner Somalia Infrastructure Fund
- 21/07/2017 - African Economic Conference 2017 to focus on Governance for Structural Transformation - Calls for papers
- 20/07/2017 - ALSF Management Board welcomes its two newest members, Bruce Montador and Rafique Mahomed