Akinwumi Adesina, 8th President of the AfDB
Akinwumi Adesina, formerly Nigeria’s Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, was elected as the 8th President of the African Development Bank on Thursday, May 28, 2015.
He succeeded Donald Kaberuka of Rwanda, and assumed duty on September 1, 2015 in Abidjan.
- 13/02/2018 - Speech delivered by Dr. Akinwumi A. Adesina, President, African Development Bank, at the 3rd Africa Science, Technology and Innovation Forum, Cairo, Egypt, February 10, 2018
- 06/02/2018 - Speech Delivered by Dr. Akinwumi A. Adesina, President of the African Development Bank on the occasion of the 2018 Diplomatic Luncheon - Abidjan, Côte d'Ivoire - February 6, 2018
- 18/01/2018 - Speech by Dr. Akinwumi Adesina, President of the African Development Bank, on the occasion of the commissioning of the Bank’s Purpose-Built Office Building by His Excellency, President Muhammadu Buhari on Thursday, January 18, 2018 in Abuja, Nigeria
- 18/01/2018 - Address by His Excellency, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, SAN, Vice-President, on behalf of Muhammadu Buhari, GCFR, President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, at the commissioning of the African Development Bank’s Nigeria Country Office - Abuja, 18/01/2018
- 18/01/2018 - Address delivered by the Honourable Minister of Finance, Kemi Adeosun, at the commissioning of the African Development Bank’s Nigeria Country Department Building in Abuja, Nigeria, on Thursday, January 18, 2018
My vision is to help build a new Africa with prosperous, sustainable and inclusive growth; one that is peaceful, secure and united, regionally integrated and globally competitive.
Akinwumi Adesina, AfDB President
- 15/02/2018 - Africa commits to support youth to build tomorrow's society through innovation
- 07/02/2018 - African Development Bank President briefs diplomatic corps in Côte d’Ivoire on progress and perspectives for Africa’s development
- 29/01/2018 - African Development Bank to reach 29.3 million Africans with electricity by 2020
- 29/01/2018 - Hope rises for Single African Air Transport Market as 30th AU Summit kicks off in Addis Ababa
- 29/01/2018 - African leaders commit to overcome malnutrition, elevate nutrition as driver for economic growth