Akinwumi Adesina, 8th President of the AfDB
Akinwumi Adesina, formerly Nigeria’s Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, was elected as the 8th President of the African Development Bank on Thursday, May 28, 2015.
He succeeded Donald Kaberuka of Rwanda, and assumed duty on September 1, 2015 in Abidjan.
- 19/07/2017 - Speech by Dr. Akinwumi Adesina, President of the African Development Bank at the State Dinner offered by H.E. Philemon YANG Prime Minister, Head of Government Republic of Cameroon
- 04/07/2017 - Launch of the Japan - Africa Energy Initiative: Remarks by Akinwumi Adesina, President of the African Development Bank - Letter of Intent signing ceremony at the Africa Union Summit
- 15/06/2017 - Speech by Dr. Akinwumi Adesina, President of the African Development Bank at the US-Africa Business Summit, organized by the Corporate Council on Africa, June 13, 2017, Washington DC
- 29/05/2017 - Remarks by Akinwumi A. Adesina, President of the African Development Bank, at the G7 Summit, May 26-27, 2017, Taormina, Italy
- 25/05/2017 - Closing Remarks by Akinwumi A. Adesina, President of the African Development Bank Group, at the Official Closing Ceremony of the 52nd Annual Meetings of the African Development Bank, May 25, 2017
My vision is to help build a new Africa with prosperous, sustainable and inclusive growth; one that is peaceful, secure and united, regionally integrated and globally competitive.
Akinwumi Adesina, AfDB President
- 18/08/2017 - AfDB signs Host Country Agreement with South Africa establishing Southern Africa Regional Development and Business Delivery Office
- 17/08/2017 - AfDB President Akinwumi Adesina to attend 37th SADC Summit in South Africa
- 15/08/2017 - President's statement on Burkina Faso attacks
- 08/08/2017 - High hopes for cocoa farmers in Africa, as AfDB plans big for producing countries
- 04/08/2017 - Ghana targets 5 million passengers yearly with AfDB-funded international airport expansion project