Akinwumi Adesina, 8th President of the AfDB
Akinwumi Adesina, formerly Nigeria’s Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, was elected as the 8th President of the African Development Bank on Thursday, May 28, 2015.
He succeeded Donald Kaberuka of Rwanda, and assumed duty on September 1, 2015 in Abidjan.
- 26/06/2018 - Speech delivered by Dr. Akinwumi A. Adesina, President of the African Development Bank, at the Launch of the Mécanisme incitatif de financement agricole (MIFA), June 25, 2018, Lome, Togo
- 23/05/2018 - Speech delivered by Dr. Akinwumi A. Adesina, President, African Development Bank Group at the Opening Session of the 53rd Annual Meetings of the Board of Governors, Busan, Korea, May 23, 2018
- 22/05/2018 - Speech delivered by Akinwumi Adesina, President of the African Development Bank, at the Ministerial Roundtable at the Korean-Africa Forum on Economic Cooperation (KOAFEC), on “Africa and the 4th industrial Revolution: Opportunities for leapfrogging?”
- 22/05/2018 - Speech for KOAFEC Dinner Akinwumi A. Adesina, President of the African Development Bank
- 08/05/2018 - Speech by Dr. Akinwumi A. Adesina, President of the African Development Group, at the media launch of the Africa Investment Forum, Johannesburg, May 8, 2018
My vision is to help build a new Africa with prosperous, sustainable and inclusive growth; one that is peaceful, secure and united, regionally integrated and globally competitive.
Akinwumi Adesina, AfDB President
- 16/07/2018 - African Development Bank commends Afreximbank’s efforts to advance intra-African trade
- 09/07/2018 - African Development Bank establishes Tonia Kandiero Prize for Excellence in Leadership
- 26/06/2018 - African Development Bank President awarded Togo’s highest civilian honor
- 07/06/2018 - We have high hopes and expectations for your country, Adesina tells President of São Tomé and Príncipe
- 04/06/2018 - African Development Bank President in São Tomé and Príncipe to strengthen alliances