Akinwumi Adesina, 8th President of the AfDB
Akinwumi Adesina, formerly Nigeria’s Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, was elected as the 8th President of the African Development Bank on Thursday, May 28, 2015.
He succeeded Donald Kaberuka of Rwanda, and assumed duty on September 1, 2015 in Abidjan.
- 19/07/2017 - Speech by Dr. Akinwumi Adesina, President of the African Development Bank at the State Dinner offered by H.E. Philemon YANG Prime Minister, Head of Government Republic of Cameroon
- 04/07/2017 - Launch of the Japan - Africa Energy Initiative: Remarks by Akinwumi Adesina, President of the African Development Bank - Letter of Intent signing ceremony at the Africa Union Summit
- 15/06/2017 - Speech by Dr. Akinwumi Adesina, President of the African Development Bank at the US-Africa Business Summit, organized by the Corporate Council on Africa, June 13, 2017, Washington DC
- 29/05/2017 - Remarks by Akinwumi A. Adesina, President of the African Development Bank, at the G7 Summit, May 26-27, 2017, Taormina, Italy
- 25/05/2017 - Closing Remarks by Akinwumi A. Adesina, President of the African Development Bank Group, at the Official Closing Ceremony of the 52nd Annual Meetings of the African Development Bank, May 25, 2017
My vision is to help build a new Africa with prosperous, sustainable and inclusive growth; one that is peaceful, secure and united, regionally integrated and globally competitive.
Akinwumi Adesina, AfDB President
- 28/07/2017 - AfDB to invest US$24 billion in agriculture in next 10 years
- 27/07/2017 - AfDB President Adesina visits Ghana to strengthen cooperation
- 24/07/2017 - President of Malagasy Republic visits AfDB headquarters
- 18/07/2017 - Paul Biya manifeste son soutien au président de la BAD : « Grâce à vos efforts, le développement de l’Afrique va s’accélérer »
- 14/07/2017 - AfDB mourns Babacar Ndiaye, its 5th elected President