Akinwumi Adesina, 8th President of the AfDB
Akinwumi Adesina, formerly Nigeria’s Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, was elected as the 8th President of the African Development Bank on Thursday, May 28, 2015.
He succeeded Donald Kaberuka of Rwanda, and assumed duty on September 1, 2015 in Abidjan.
- 25/10/2018 - Speech Delivered by Dr. Akinwumi A. Adesina, President, African Development Bank Group, at the African Development Fund (ADF-14) Mid-Term Review Meeting
- 20/09/2018 - Speech by Dr. Akinwumi A. Adesina, President, African Development Bank Group, at the North America Launch of the Africa Investment Forum, Toronto - September 19, 2018
- 19/09/2018 - Remarks by Dr. Akinwumi A. Adesina, President of the African Development Bank at the meeting with Ambassadors in Ottawa, Canada - September 18, 2018
- 18/09/2018 - What could women do with $ 3 billion?
- 18/09/2018 - Remarks by Dr. Akinwumi A. Adesina, President of the African Development Bank at the lunch meeting with the African Diplomatic Community in Tokyo, Japan - September 6, 2018
My vision is to help build a new Africa with prosperous, sustainable and inclusive growth; one that is peaceful, secure and united, regionally integrated and globally competitive.
Akinwumi Adesina, AfDB President
- 22/10/2018 - Afe Babalola University Confers Honorary Doctorate Degree on African Development Bank President Akinwumi Adesina
- 17/10/2018 - Young Africans fired up by African Development Bank agribusiness mentoring partnership with Purdue University
- 05/10/2018 - Nigerian Defence Academy Confers Honors on African Development Bank President Akinwumi Adesina
- 26/09/2018 - African Development Bank seeks partnerships to lift 1 billion people out of hunger globally
- 20/09/2018 - African Development Bank and Purdue University to hold conference on successful technologies for African farmers