Akinwumi Adesina, 8th President of the AfDB
Akinwumi Adesina, formerly Nigeria’s Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, was elected as the 8th President of the African Development Bank on Thursday, May 28, 2015.
He succeeded Donald Kaberuka of Rwanda, and assumed duty on September 1, 2015 in Abidjan.
- 16/02/2017 - Speech by Akinwumi Ayodeji Adesina, President of the African Development Bank Group, to the heads of diplomatic missions and international organizations accredited to Côte d’Ivoire, Abidjan, 16 February, 2017
- 14/01/2017 - Remarks by President Akinwumi Adesina at the France-Africa Forum, Heads of State Session, 14 January 2017, Bamako, Mali
- 13/01/2017 - Forum économique de Bamako - Discours de clôture de M. Akinwumi Adesina, Président de la Banque africaine de développement à l’occasion du 27e Sommet Afrique-France
- 10/01/2017 - “Building a Partnership for Resilience” - Remarks by Dr. Akinwumi A. Adesina, President President of the African Development Bank, at the First Africa Resilience Forum, January, 10, 2017, Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire
- 05/12/2016 - Opening Speech delivered by Dr. Akinwumi Adesina, President of African Development Bank, at the African Economic Conference, Abuja, December 5, 2016 on “Feed Africa: Towards Agro-allied Industrialization for Inclusive Growth”
My vision is to help build a new Africa with prosperous, sustainable and inclusive growth; one that is peaceful, secure and united, regionally integrated and globally competitive.
Akinwumi Adesina, AfDB President
- 28/02/2017 - AfDB President explores power supply projects in Sudan
- 28/02/2017 - AfDB President pays a courtesy call on Sudan’s Minister of Finance and Economic Planning
- 16/02/2017 - Adesina to Ambassadors accredited in Côte d’Ivoire: “We are stronger than ever before”
- 30/01/2017 - AfDB scaling up support for Africa’s development at AU Summit
- 14/01/2017 - Africa/France Summit: AfDB President urges action to finance Africa's economic transformation