Akinwumi Adesina, 8th President of the AfDB
Akinwumi Adesina, formerly Nigeria’s Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, was elected as the 8th President of the African Development Bank on Thursday, May 28, 2015.
He succeeded Donald Kaberuka of Rwanda, and assumed duty on September 1, 2015 in Abidjan.
- 15/06/2017 - Speech by Dr. Akinwumi Adesina, President of the African Development Bank at the US-Africa Business Summit, organized by the Corporate Council on Africa, June 13, 2017, Washington DC
- 29/05/2017 - Remarks by Akinwumi A. Adesina, President of the African Development Bank, at the G7 Summit, May 26-27, 2017, Taormina, Italy
- 25/05/2017 - Closing Remarks by Akinwumi A. Adesina, President of the African Development Bank Group, at the Official Closing Ceremony of the 52nd Annual Meetings of the African Development Bank, May 25, 2017
- 20/04/2017 - Remarks delivered by Akinwumi A. Adesina, President of the African Development Bank at the Centre for Global Development, Washington DC, April 19, 2017
- 01/04/2017 - Remarks by President Akinwumi Adesina of the African Development Bank, at the Official Opening of the 2nd Annual General Meeting of the New Development Bank, April 1, 2017, New Delhi, India
My vision is to help build a new Africa with prosperous, sustainable and inclusive growth; one that is peaceful, secure and united, regionally integrated and globally competitive.
Akinwumi Adesina, AfDB President
- 19/06/2017 - The African Development Bank announces the appointment of Vanessa Moungar as Director for Gender, Women and Civil Society
- 15/06/2017 - Adesina: It's time to reboot and boost US-Africa commerce and investments
- 14/06/2017 - AfDB President Adesina receives Lifetime Achievement Award for Child Nutrition
- 13/06/2017 - Poll ranks Adesina among 100 most reputable persons on earth
- 12/06/2017 - G20, African countries explore opportunities to increase investments in Africa at Berlin conference