Akinwumi Adesina, 8th President of the AfDB
Akinwumi Adesina, formerly Nigeria’s Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, was elected as the 8th President of the African Development Bank on Thursday, May 28, 2015.
He succeeded Donald Kaberuka of Rwanda, and assumed duty on September 1, 2015 in Abidjan.
- 17/10/2017 - Betting on Africa to Feed the World: Lecture Delivered by Dr. Akinwumi A. Adesina, PhD, President, African Development Bank, World Food Prize Laureate 2017, At Norman Borlaug Lecture at Iowa State University, Des Moines Iowa, USA, October 17, 2017
- 29/09/2017 - Discours du président de la Banque africaine de développement, Akinwumi A. Adesina, lors du dîner d'État offert par Son Excellence le Premier ministre du Burkina Faso
- 28/09/2017 - Speech by Akinwumi A. Adesina, President of the African Development Bank at the Gala Dinner during the State Visit to Niger, September 26, 2017
- 13/09/2017 - Speech delivered by Akinwumi A. Adesina, President of the African Development Bank Group, on the occasion of the Africa50 Annual Shareholders Meeting on September 12, 2017 in Dakar, Senegal
- 19/08/2017 - Speech delivered by Akinwumi A. Adesina, President of the African Development Bank Group, at the 37th Summit of the Heads of State and Governments of the Southern Africa Development Community, August 19-20, 2017, Pretoria, South Africa
My vision is to help build a new Africa with prosperous, sustainable and inclusive growth; one that is peaceful, secure and united, regionally integrated and globally competitive.
Akinwumi Adesina, AfDB President
- 17/10/2017 - Africa holds the key for feeding 9 billion people by 2050, Adesina says during Norman Borlaug Lecture
- 16/10/2017 - World Food Day: AfDB urges African leaders to make agriculture attractive to young Africans and stem migration
- 15/10/2017 - Transforming agriculture in Africa
- 13/10/2017 - “Betting on Africa to Feed the World”: Adesina, 2017 World Food Prize Laureate, to deliver Norman Borlaug Lecture on World Food Day
- 10/10/2017 - AfDB President, 2017 World Food Prize Laureate, participates in Borlaug Dialogue International Symposium