Akinwumi Adesina, 8th President of the AfDB
Akinwumi Adesina, formerly Nigeria’s Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, was elected as the 8th President of the African Development Bank on Thursday, May 28, 2015.
He succeeded Donald Kaberuka of Rwanda, and assumed duty on September 1, 2015 in Abidjan.
- 18/09/2018 - What could women do with $ 3 billion?
- 18/09/2018 - Remarks by Dr. Akinwumi A. Adesina, President of the African Development Bank at the lunch meeting with the African Diplomatic Community in Tokyo, Japan - September 6, 2018
- 27/08/2018 - Unlocking Africa’s Agricultural Potential to Create Wealth
- 18/07/2018 - Remarks by Dr. Akinwumi Adesina, President, Africa Development Bank at the 12th Conference of Heads of State and Governments of the Community of Portuguese Languages Countries, held at Santa Maria, Sal, Cabo Verde, July 17-18, 2018
- 26/06/2018 - Speech delivered by Dr. Akinwumi A. Adesina, President of the African Development Bank, at the Launch of the Mécanisme incitatif de financement agricole (MIFA), June 25, 2018, Lome, Togo
My vision is to help build a new Africa with prosperous, sustainable and inclusive growth; one that is peaceful, secure and united, regionally integrated and globally competitive.
Akinwumi Adesina, AfDB President
- 20/09/2018 - African Development Bank and Purdue University to hold conference on successful technologies for African farmers
- 19/09/2018 - African Development Bank President Adesina urges Canada to be present at Africa’s investment table
- 18/09/2018 - African Development Bank, Mariner Investment Group, and Africa50 Price Landmark $1 Billion Impact Securitization
- 13/09/2018 - African Development Bank President Adesina to embark on four-day working visit to Canada to strengthen bilateral ties
- 01/09/2018 - Could the future of food in the world depend on what Africa does with agriculture?