Akinwumi Adesina, 8th President of the AfDB
Akinwumi Adesina, formerly Nigeria’s Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, was elected as the 8th President of the African Development Bank on Thursday, May 28, 2015.
He succeeded Donald Kaberuka of Rwanda, and assumed duty on September 1, 2015 in Abidjan.
- 04/12/2017 - World AIDS Day 2017 - Statement by Akinwumi Adesina
- 08/11/2017 - Remarks by Dr. Akinwumi A. Adesina, President of the African Development Bank at the Signing Ceremony of the Accreditation Master Agreement
- 07/11/2017 - Remarks by Dr. Akinwumi A. Adesina, President of the African Development Bank at the Opening Ceremony and Launch of the Global Nutrition Report - 2017 Scaling Up Nutrition Global Gathering
- 22/10/2017 - “Africa’s pathway out of poverty” - by Dr. Akinwumi A. Adesina, President of the African Development Bank, World Food Prize Laureate Luncheon, October 20, 2017, in Des Moines, Iowa
- 18/10/2017 - Remarks by 2017 World Food Prize Laureate and President of the African Development Bank, Dr. Akinwumi A. Adesina : Making Farming Cool - Investing in Future African Farmers and Agripreneurs
My vision is to help build a new Africa with prosperous, sustainable and inclusive growth; one that is peaceful, secure and united, regionally integrated and globally competitive.
Akinwumi Adesina, AfDB President
- 28/11/2017 - African Development Bank launches Youth Advisory Group to create 25 million jobs
- 24/11/2017 - AfDB to participate at 5th African Union – European Union Summit
- 23/11/2017 - AfDB President expresses desire for pipeline of young talent in meeting with Young Professionals
- 22/11/2017 - IATA, African Development Bank sign MoU to advance Africa’s aviation
- 21/11/2017 - Africa must implement 1999 Yamoussoukro agreement for open skies, says AfDB President