Akinwumi Adesina, 8th President of the AfDB
Akinwumi Adesina, formerly Nigeria’s Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, was elected as the 8th President of the African Development Bank on Thursday, May 28, 2015.
He succeeded Donald Kaberuka of Rwanda, and assumed duty on September 1, 2015 in Abidjan.
- 20/04/2017 - Remarks delivered by Akinwumi A. Adesina, President of the African Development Bank at the Centre for Global Development, Washington DC, April 19, 2017
- 01/04/2017 - Remarks by President Akinwumi Adesina of the African Development Bank, at the Official Opening of the 2nd Annual General Meeting of the New Development Bank, April 1, 2017, New Delhi, India
- 22/03/2017 - Allocution du Président Akinwumi Adesina, à la clôture du CEO Forum Genève 22 mars 2017, prononcée par le Vice-président Amadou Hott
- 20/03/2017 - Speech of Dr. Akinwumi A. Adesina, President of the African Development Bank, delivered by Vice-President Pierre Guislain at the Africa CEO Forum
- 13/03/2017 - Remarks by Akinwumi A. Adesina, President of the African Development Bank Group, at the launch of the Africa Progress Panel Report “Lights, Power, Action: Electrifying Africa”
My vision is to help build a new Africa with prosperous, sustainable and inclusive growth; one that is peaceful, secure and united, regionally integrated and globally competitive.
Akinwumi Adesina, AfDB President
- 22/04/2017 - Multilateral banks to deepen collaboration with private sector to boost inclusive, sustainable infrastructure
- 21/04/2017 - Bank President discusses youth employment, agriculture and fragility with partners and key stakeholders in Washington
- 21/04/2017 - The “10,000 Communities in 1,000 Days Initiative” – Delivering the High 5s in Transition States
- 21/04/2017 - The African Development Bank is delivering for Africa: Adesina
- 17/04/2017 - Famine, fragility and infrastructure development on the agenda at World Bank-IMF Spring Meetings