- Mission & Strategy
- Application Process
- Current Vacancies
- Employment of short term staff
- Internship Programme
- Japan Africa Dream Scholarship (JADS) Program
- Working with us
- Young Professionals Program (YPP)
- Contact Us
- Corporate Information
- Corporate Procurement
- Frequently asked questions
- Organisational Structure
You are here
How to apply
Application for AfDB employment is an online process. If you are a first-time user of our online registration system, you will need to register before you can log in. You are advised to provide as much relevant information as possible.
If you have applied for a Short Term position previously, you will need to update your existing profile by clicking on Apply “Returning Applicants” using your initial email address and password to login.
Applicants with dual nationalities are advised that the Bank recognizes only one nationality from a member country; as such, kindly indicate the nationality you wish to declare throughout your employment in the Bank. Successful candidates will be offered a short term position under the declared nationality for the duration of their stay with the Bank and all subsequent renewals as Short term Staff.
The application checklist is meant to facilitate your application experience.
- Register for an account
- Provide an email address (if possible add a second email address). Fill in the correct e-mail address since this will be the main means of communication with you.
- Provide the most current contact information. Ensure that you email us with updated data, should your contacts change in the middle of the recruitment process.
- Complete application in a single session at once.
- Answer all the questions - all questions marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory
- Complete phone number (country code + city code + number)
- Upload all of the following required documents (mandatory):
- Maximum two or three pages Curriculum Vitae in Microsoft Word or PDF version.
- Copies of the highest Academic Degrees / Certificates.
- Letter of Motivation in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
- Proof of citizenship or evidence of permanent residency or work authorization in the proposed country of employment