3rd Plenary Session - Natural Resource Management, Bio-Fuels, Food Security and Sustainable Agriculture
Price and weather-indexed insurance schemes may be needed to protected small farmers who are vulnerable to rainfall and temperature volatility, due to climate change, and to international price volatility.
This idea was raised during a plenary session on Natural Resource Management, Bio-Fuels, Food Security and Sustainable Development, at the sixth African Economic Conference on Thursday in Addis Ababa. Read more
- Moderator: Buchiza Mseteka, Founder & chief Excutive Officer, Leriba Risk Ltd.
- Presenter: Patrick Guillaumont, President of Ferdi and Professeur emerite a l'Universite d'Auvergne
- Presenter: Abdoulaye Bathily, Former Minister of Environment, Member of Parliament, Dakar, Senegal
- Presenter: Ola Smith, Professor of Animal Production and Health and Technical Adviser to the Director-General of the International Trypanotolerance Centre, Banjul, The Gambia
- Presenter: Kofi Andah, Regional Manager, AMSCO, Nairobi Office
- Panelists: Paul Van Aalst, Director, E+Co, Europe, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Panelists: Matheiu Badolo, Direcor, Institut d'applications et de vulgarisation en seciences
- Panelists: Paul Collier, Professor of Economics and Director, Centre for the Study of African Economies, Oxford University