African countries entered the millennium with an impressive record of economic growth. Prior to the global financial and economic crisis, gross domestic product (GDP) grew on average at 5.7 per cent per annum during 2001-2008.
- 11/12/2017 - African Economic Conference: Should Africa be inspired by China’s industrial development?
- 11/12/2017 - Politicians must no longer manage Africa’s natural resources unilaterally, say experts
- 11/12/2017 - Fair trade with Europe should depend on quality African exports
- 11/12/2017 - Remittances can harness Africa’s development, researchers say
- 11/12/2017 - Closing Remarks by Adam Elhiraika, Director of Macroeconomic Policy Division, United Nations Economic Commission for Africa