11:00 - 12:30 Parallel 2-A: Regional Corridor Development and Facilitation
Objective of session
Promoting road corridors connecting regions and locked countries to seafaring nations, under optimal cost conditions, with respect for delays and quality of services, faces a set of challenges that needs to be identified and addressed.
Non-tariff barriers continue to undermine the effectiveness of the freight transport, including the port interface. Several hurdles prevail in putting together innovative mechanisms for development and management of these corridors by taking into account regional considerations. How to overcome them?
- Aboubakari Baba Moussa - African Union
- Donat Bagula- Northern Corridor Transit and Transport Coordination Authority (NCTTCA)
- Ibrahima Diagne - Independant Consultant
- Johny Smith - Walvis Bay Corridor Group
- Augustin Karanga - African Development Bank (AfDB