11:00 - 12:30 Parallel 2-B: Urban Transport : improving mobility in African Cities
Objectives of session
Africa is the fastest urbanizing continent in the world, with an urban population growth well above national average. In addition private vehicles growth as overtaken population growth, in some cases reaching 10% per year. Furthermore, urban centers are the engines of economies and in most cases contribute up to 60% of countries revenues. Hence the need for effective urban transport planning and management is crucial for both the economy and society.
- Yssoufou Cisse - African Association of Public Transport (UATP)
- William Dachs - Gautrain Management Agency
- Eric Motshwane - PioTrans Rea Vaya Bus Operating Company
- Kayode Khalidson - Nigeria Infrastructure Advisory Facility (NIAF)
- Amitava Basu - Intercontinental Consultants and Technocrats Pvt. Ltd