President of Rwanda
His Excellency Paul Kagame was sworn in as President of the Republic of Rwanda for a second seven-year term on 6 September 2010 following the country’s elections held on 9 August 2010. Paul Kagame was appointed Vice-President and Minister for Defense in the Government of National Unity on 19 July 1994 and four years later was elected Chairman of the RPF, a partner in the Government of National Unity. As president, he has prioritized national development, launching a programme which aims to transform Rwanda into a middle income country by 2020. President Kagame has received recognition for his leadership in peace building and reconciliation, development, good governance, promotion of human rights and women’s empowerment, and advancement of education and ICT.
- Tuesday 20 May, 17:30 – 19:00 Ending Conflict and Building Peace in Africa
- Wednesday 21 May, 11:00 – 12:30 Delivering Services
- Wednesday 21 May, 14:30 – 16:00 High Level Event I – Leadership for the Africa we Want
- Wednesday 21 May, 18:00 – 19:30 High Level Debate
- Thursday 22 May, 10:00 – 11:00 Have your Say! Dialogue with Leaders
- Thursday 22 May, 16:30 –18:00 Harnessing the Investment Climate