Call to Action: Achieving Nutritional Security - ‘Feed Africa’ & ‘Better Quality of life’ (AfDB ‘High 5s’, #2 & #5)
Monday 23 May 2016 - 11:30 – 13:00
Moderator : Ms. Uduak Amino, Royal Media Services
Venue : Lusaka, Munali, MICC
Issues for Discussion
- How can we spark a new movement to achieve nutrition security and reach the AFDB ‘High 5s’ #2 and #5, ‘Feed Africa’ & ‘Better Quality of life, and other global nutrition targets?
- What specifically can African leaders and regional organizations like the AfDB do to make nutrition investment a higher priority?
- How can Africa leaders be supported to rethink how we look at nutrition, not just as a health and social development issue, but as an investment that shapes opportunity for economic growth?
- How can we promote more collaboration among government organizations and leaders, philanthropists, businesses and civil society to achieve nutrition security?
- How can economic data make the best case for prioritizing investments in nutrition?
- Ms. Valery Dabady, Division Manager, AfDB
- Ms. Maimouna Diop-Ly, Chief and Social Protection Officer, AfDB
- 25/05/2016 - AfDB signs a new partnership agreement with Big Win Philanthropy and the Dangote Foundation to generate economic growth through improved child nutrition
- 24/05/2016 - African leaders make economic case for increased nutrition investments
- 23/05/2016 - African leaders push for increased nutrition investments